X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmcginnis
    replied
    Here's the follow up...

Turns out the reset switch in the new case had an intermittent short in it. I removed the circuit, and everything is working perfectly.

Thanks for the assistance guys! It is all very much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• cmcginnis
    replied
    Thanks for the response!

Yes, none of them seemed to work. I'm suspecting the cpu as well. The warranty replacement should be here tomorrow.

I will let you know what I find

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Each module caused the same problem when tested individually?

May be a bad CPU at this point if problem persists.

Leave a comment:

• cmcginnis
    replied
    Thanks buddy!

I gave it a shot and it didn't work. I submitted a ticket to tech support yesterday as well. Hopefully, I will hear back from them soon. I also initiated a RMA for the processor.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me with this. I should just blame Microsoft for the joy in doing so. I know they had nothing to do with this, but it's... Microsoft.

Leave a comment:

• emissary42
    replied
    The timings look ok to me, nothing that looks really out of place

You could try to set Memory Boot Mode -> Disable Fast Boot and see if that helps, but that is only a shot in the dark. Slightly raising Vdimm might also help, just don't go overboard with that.

Leave a comment:

• cmcginnis
    replied
    Thanks for the reply, buddy!

I hope this helps!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• emissary42
    replied
    Can you please show us what timings the MB tries to set with the XMP enabled? You can save screenshots to USB storage via F12 key.

I cannot speak about that specific kit, but did test tons of kits on my Gigabyte Z97 mb and did never run into any issues unless i used very exoctic memory (like very old kits or very high frequency ones, then things got interesting^^).

Leave a comment:

• cmcginnis
    started a topic F3-1600C9Q-32GXM Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H Intel 4790k

F3-1600C9Q-32GXM Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H Intel 4790k

Hi guys!

I'm trying to get a new computer to work. It is stuck in an endless reboot. I was watching the numbers of the boot process in the diagnostic led on the board and it reboots at random spots.

I have managed to get it to boot into the BIOS long enough to turn on XMP Profile 1, but I can't seem to get anywhere beyond that.

I have tried using 2 different (new) motherboards and have the same results.

I have also tried stripping it to motherboard, cpu, memory, and keyboard, and it still continued.

The BIOS is using the newest revision (F10).

I have also tried to get it to boot with 1 stick at a time and I have tried each stick in each slot individually.

I figure that the likelihood of me having 2 defective boards with the same defect is pretty small, and I would suspect that having 4 bad sticks of memory from the same kit is not very likely.

I am suspecting that either this is a settings issue, or the cpu is defective. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Working...
X