Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM + MSI MS-7353 + Core 2 Quad Q6600

Hi,

My problem is very similar to the precedent post. I decided to increase to 8GB my secondary pc's RAM, so I bought 4x2GB sticks of ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM.
    The default ram frequency is 1066, and when I activate the automatic XMP config, the motherboard can't keep it up and doesn't even get to the bios.
    The problem is that I previously had 2x2gb Trascend sticks, and got a good performance (using passmark; better with those 4gb than with these 8gb).
    The motherboard is an MSI X48 Platinum MS-7353 .

I have no idea of what's wrong, as I'm just an user and never did any overclock in my computers. I just want to have a reasonably good performance with this mem sticks.

Thanks in advance

Can't use XMP, instead, try manually inputting DRAM Freq, timings, and Voltage.

You would need to overclock your CPU FSB to reach anything higher than DDR3-1066

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      That's what I tried before "being forced to use the auto XMP", but the bios asks me for data I don't know and can't get (5 settings after the RFC that I don't know -default is "12 clocks" in all of them-). I'll try it when I get home.

Just asking, but what do you think is the reason for this 8gb at 1066 giving a lower performance than the previous Trascend 4gb at 800?

Comment

Post some pictures of BIOS and I can see what's going on.

Timings may be off and causing poor performance.

Comment

Sorry for the delay when replying.

Here's the manual's example's screenshot:

Comment

I don't need an example, I need to see the values for your system.

Comment

Working...
            X