F3-2400c10d-16gtx - ga-z87x-hd3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400c10d-16gtx - ga-z87x-hd3

Anyone have any suggestions as how to get this to full speed?
    I can not seem to be able to get past 1866 mhz.

Never mind, I got it. i had to reset bios and then step up in speeds till 2400 was reached.

Comment

I had to manually set this to reach the full 2400....
      Is there ANY difference between that and setting it through XMP?
      If there is can someone tell me how to update my XMP profiles because this ram is not listed....

Comment

The XMP (Intel Extreme Memory Profile) is an extension of the SPD that is part of the memory itself. It is stored in an EEPROM on the modules PCB. The mainboard should detect it during POST and when enabled configure the memory ratio, timings and voltages appropriately.

If all you did was raising the memory ratio, that leaves timings and memory voltage to be "unconfigured" (auto). So if you run into stability issues, raise the Vdimm according to specs and if that doesn't do it try to manually configure primary and secondary timings. The mainboard should take care of adjusting VCCIO and VCCSA if needed, regardless of XMP being used or not, along with the memory ratio.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

If the XMP profile is stored in an EEPROM on the RAM then why is is not showing up in the list of available choices?

EDIT*
          I think I found it. the XMP only list profile 1 and 2 or disabled. I thought the "extreme memory OC profile" was the XMP.
          Any idea what the different profiles could be? They both appear to have the same exact settings in timings and voltages.
          Last edited by dwise; 02-08-2015, 02:31 PM.

Comment

The XMP and the memory OC profiles are two completely different things. The latter are generic OC profiles for kits based upon certain memory ICs, that are popular in use for benchmarking. At least some of these use extreme voltages and the majority will only work with matching memory. Unless you really know what you're doing, just don't mess with them.

Unless i am mistaken, some of that should also be mentioned in the user manual*.

You want to use XMP Profile 1 or Profile 2. Only these use the actual specifications of your G.SKILL TridentX memory.

*MB models that got that option added later on in the development process might not actually have a description in the user manual
            Last edited by emissary42; 02-08-2015, 03:18 PM.
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
            X