Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C9D-16GTX + i7 3770K + MSI Z77 Mpower

hi, I have a problem with ram.
    i bought motherboard with ram - F3-2133C9D-16GTX + MSI Z77 Mpower and processor i7 3770K

ram doesn't work with dual channel, when i put him in slot 2 and 4 (dual channel) Debug LED shows error code 55
    ram only works in slot 1 and 2 ( single channel ) other combinations are not working

all combinations:
    only slot 1 or 2 - ok
    only slot 3 or 4 - error code 55
    first dual channel ( 2+4 ) - error code 55
    second dual channel ( 1+3 ) - error code 55
    slot 3+4 - error code 55
    slot 1+2 - ok but its single channel

I updated the bios to the latest version and clear CMOS settings

any ideas how to fix it?

--
    thanks for help
    Last edited by dudekkris3; 12-02-2013, 02:32 PM.

If you just put a single stick in slot 3 or 4 does it work? Kind of sounds like slots 3 and 4 might be bad, try blowing them out with compressed air before you give up however.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

If 3&4 are dual channel, then by logic 1&2 would be dual channel as well. The Intel Core i7-3770K has a dual channel memory controller and the MSI Z77 MPower provides each channel with two memory slots. So something is off in your description. Also for a very long time almost all motherboard makers use a 1+3 and 2+4 configuration for dual channel. So please check the user manual about that.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

sorry... i said wrong information
        when i put him in slot 2 and 4
        1+2 - single channel
        2+4 - first dual channel
        1+3 - second dual channel

ram only work in 1+2 or one in 1 , 2

Comment

Originally posted by supahos View Post
          If you just put a single stick in slot 3 or 4 does it work?
          Did you already try this?

If both sticks by themself do not work in slot 3 or 4, then it is probably a motherboard problem (the most common cause would be bent pins in cpu socket).

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
            Did you already try this?

If both sticks by themself do not work in slot 3 or 4, then it is probably a motherboard problem (the most common cause would be bent pins in cpu socket).
            yes, look at first post is corrected
            searching on other forums I've seen this solution, but I looked at the pins and are ok ...

Comment

Are board and cpu new items or were they bought used?

A dead memory channel on a new cpu is very rare. It does happen from time to time with long time heavy memory overclocking, but i'd still call that rare cases by all means. If the cpu socket is alright, then there could be cracks in the pcb itself or scratched / damaged traces. However those things are much harder to find, if you don't know what exactly you're looking for.

Comment

everything was purchased new with warranty ...
                so if the RAM does not work now, settings here are not guilty right ?

Comment

At bios defaults and after a cleared CMOS, the memory should work in all slots @ JEDEC settings (probably DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24). So if you get debug code 55 right away, but only in the two slots mentioned, then there seems to be a problem with either board or cpu...

Comment

But if the memory all works in slots 1 & 2 but not in 3&4 exchanging memory won't help its either a cpu or motherboard issue. the settings are almost guaranteed not to be the issue if it won't boot at default settings.
                    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Get the motherboard replaced and a new one should work much better.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X