Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO+Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5+AMD Phenom II x4 945

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO+Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5+AMD Phenom II x4 945

Forgive me if this has already been answered, I searched the forums and tried the settings in the sticky but still haven't been able to figure it out. So here's the deal:

I have 4x2GB sticks of the RAM mentioned in the title. Everything seems to run fine if I install two sticks in slots 1 and 3 (DDR3_1 and DDR3_3) which according to the manual is Channel_0. I've tested all four sticks in this manner and they work fine. However, when I populate all four slots and fire it up, I get no POST, only some long beeps. Most of my settings are on auto. Are there some settings I should be adjusting to get all four sticks to work?

Thanks in advance!

It might be worth noting that I was told that overclocking is apparently only supported on one channel; however, I have not overclocked the memory at all. I've set it at 1600 or below.

Comment

So you have one module in blue and the other in white? DDR3_1 closest to CPU, and DDR3_3 third slot away from CPU?

If that's the case, the motherboard is defective. Considering everything is installed properly and CPU socket pins are good.
      Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Working...
      X