F3-2400C10D-16GTX + Crosshair V Formula Z + AMD FX9590 + AMD R9290X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C10D-16GTX + Crosshair V Formula Z + AMD FX9590 + AMD R9290X

Okay so first off this RAM is running great, I've been able to get it to the rated speeds with literally just 1 click, and on top of that I have also been able to overclock my CPU to 5.1 GHZ past the 4.7GHZ standard settings with AMD Turbo Disabled on the board. It will take some serious complete tweaking of the board but so far it's completely stable. Please keep in mind though if you are going to overclock this CPU, RAM, Motherboard, and Video Card you are going to have to change a lot of settings. First off everything I have is ASUS and I cannot guarantee any of these settings. The board is on BIOS 2101 which is the latest as of this post. I will keep updating this post so that it has the complete print screens from the BIOS configurations.

CPU:
    ------------------------------
    + AMD FX-9590 Vishera 5.1GHz OC Socket AM3+ 220W [STABLE]

RAM:
    + GSKILL F3-2400C10D-16GTX 16384MB RAM DDR3 2400

OPTICAL DRIVES:
    + LG Blu-Ray Rewriter
    + LG Blu-Ray Rewriter

STORAGE:
    + 256GB ADATA SSD/ 256GB ADATA SSD RAID 0
    + 3TB External / 3TB SATA 3 6.0 / 3TB SATA 3 6.0 / 3TB SATA 3 6.0 / 3TB SATA 3 6.0

MAINBOARD & OS:
    + Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
    + Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit / Biometric UPEK LOGIN / SLACKWARE 14 / CENT OS 7 / CLOUD LINUX

GRAPHICS:
    + ASUS R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5 Radeon R9 290X 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Crossfired
    + ASUS R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5 Radeon R9 290X 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Crossfired

MONITORS:
    + 6 X ASUS 27" LED Eyefinity 6 100,000,0000:1

SOUND:
    + Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    + Logitech G930 Wireless Headset
    + Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker (Optical DTS Dolby Digital)

CONTROLS:
    + Logitech G700S Gaming Mouse |
    + Logitech G910 Gaming Mechanical Keyboard
    + Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with LCD Display
    + Saitek X55 Flight Controller With Throttle
    + Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen

CASE, COOLING, POWER:
    + Cooler Master Storm Trooper Gaming Full Tower
    + Cooler Master Nepton 140XL - Liquid Water Cooling System, Push-Pull Kit with 140mm Radiator and 2 JetFlo Fans / IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound
    + Rosewill LIGHTNING-1300 1300W Continuous @ 50°C, 80 PLUS GOLD, ATX12V v2.31 & EPS12V v2.92, SLI/CrossFire Ready, Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Caution: Overclocked Systems Must Have Sleep Mode Disabled! Hard Drive spin Down is okay, but turn off sleep mode in the power settings unless you want crashes.

Overclocking the CPU after selecting the RAM profile under D.O.C.P:

The DOCP settings profile 0 is the fastest way to get this RAM to work right when you install this RAM, I'm unsure if it will run at the same settings with 32GB of RAM but as you can imagine the thought of that sounds great. For overclocking the CPU you are going to need to change a lot of BIOS settings, I'm compiling a list but there are essentially close to a 100 settings you have to change because the board is intelligent enough to hard lock and reset under certain normal functions and more or less you have to change the percentages on the thresholds for the board to be able to increase some of the voltages. The CPU / NB voltages are going to have to be changed. This RAM is also 1.65 V so basically it uses more voltage than most RAM on the market which isn't a bad thing.

Overclocking the Video Card after selecting the RAM profile under D.O.C.P:

The video card is basically a software overclock once it gets into windows, ASUS GPU Tweak and make sure you get the latest version of their site because the latest version actually allows you to auto run profiles upon entering windows.

Motherboard Settings Screenshots:

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

After you set all these settings, it's probably a good idea to run 3DMark Benchmarks for a few hours and remember to disable sleep mode in Windows.
    Last edited by BlackhatEspeed; 04-20-2015, 01:08 AM.
Working...
X