Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL + Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 + AMD A8-6600K

Hello,

Please bear with my post as I really need your help. I've done my research but still can't find the solution.

I have a random reboot problem with no BSOD. Event ID 41 in the Event Viewer. The initial specs of my PC are

motherboard - Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3
    CPU - AMD A8-6600K
    Cooler - Deepcool Gammaxx 200
    RAM - 1x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws (F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL)
    PSU - Corsair VS450
    HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500GB

I think I wasn't experiencing much random reboot then. It all started when I added a Samsung EVO 840 SSD as the primary drive. That's when the random reboot became for frequent.

I've tried memtesting my RAM and it had no errors. It doesn't reboot when I'm in the BIOS.

Some of the solutions suggested online that I've tried were disabling C6 mode, disabling Core Performance Boost, disabling AMD Cool and Quiet. Tried clean installing Windows and Linux Mint. It has gotten more frequent lately but still random. It can happen while browsing, watching a video, or gaming.

I also tried updating the BIOS to F8a, to F7, and now I'm back to F5.

Until I thought it was the SSD drive so I tried disconnecting the SSD and clean installed Windows 8.1 on the WD Caviar Blue HDD. But prior to this I've loaded Optimized Default values in the BIOS. After copying of files and then it had to restart. But it went into a boot loop and had blue screen with code 0xc0000001.

Ok this is new. Clean installed again same thing. So I went to the BIOS and disabled C6 mode and Core Performance Boost and clean installed again and this time it finished the installation. But while I was using it it randomly decided to reboot once again.

I learned this time around about memory timing and found out that the auto setting of the BIOS had all along set the timing of the RAM to 11-11-12-28 whereas in the RAM packaging it says that it should be 9-9-9-24. So at first I manually changed it to the latter setting but I discovered that it was easier to use xmp profile so I loaded that (Profile 1).

I thought I was really on to something and that I've finally solved it. So I enabled c6 mode again since it is supported by my CPU and Cool and Quiet. Alas boot loop once again.

I also read about increasing NB voltage by increments of 0.1V and that would help in the stability but I don't know if that's applicable to me since that was for the Phenom I think.

I've attached the screenshots of the BIOS settings, CPU-Z values, and HWInfo if that would help.

Any suggestions on the BIOS setting that would make it stable?

I found a similar case to mine

Code:
    http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18609008
    We both have the same CPU and mobo. He was able to RMA his CPU. Is my CPU also at fault here?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long post.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by acee; 03-12-2015, 02:41 PM.

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Do you have any other RAM you can test with?

Also, do you have the RAM installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Do you have the latest BIOS?

Do you have any other RAM you can test with?

Also, do you have the RAM installed in the same color slots furthest away from the CPU?
      I had the latest BIOS (F8a BETA BIOS) but reverted back to F5. Unfortunately, I don't have any other RAM.

My board only has 2 slots and yes it is installed furthest away from the CPU.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X