F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL + Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 + AMD FX-8350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL + Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 + AMD FX-8350

System defaults to 1333mhz and runs incredibly unstable. I have no idea what to set my ram settings to and would appreciate any help. Thanks

The settings for the ram are written on the ram but this kit should run fine at 1600 mhz with 9-9-9-9-24-2n timings all day long every day. Dram voltage at 1.5v, try this amd let us k ow how it worked, if it doesnt get stable try each stick sepatately to see if one stick is bad
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

I have set it to 1600mhz with 9-9-9-24-2T and Dram at 1.5v and it refuses to boot, the DRAM LED on the motherboard stays red and I have to hold it to reset config back to 1333mhz.

I do not see a 2N command rate and set it to 2T could this be the problem? I also disabled ECC and have tried each stick individually. Could something else the the problem?

Comment

yeah forgot it was an amd board, so the 2t isnt' an issue, will it boot at 1600mhz with only one stick? that was more of the question, and have you tried running memtest on the sticks individually? it running at 1333mhz shouldn't be unstable if the memory is good, just a bit slower than 1600. put in a single stick, get the boot disk for memtest and see how they work. If they both test fine try booting a single stick at 1600 mhz, if that doesn't work wait for someone who knows more than me about getting amd systems up and running! I just know most of what I said will be the first responses so you can get that out of the way!
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Believe your mobo has DOCP (or EOCP) my try enabling that and selecting 1600, else set manually as you have them and raise DRAM voltage to 1.55 and take CPU/NB up + 0.06

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Similar configuration

My config is close enough that i thought I'd add to this thread instead of opening another one. I have 16GB (4 sticks) of F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL, otherwise the same setup. I've really struggled to get the memory to run at full speed, but i think I finally have it. Here's the screen shots from CPUID, is this what I'm looking for? Any guidance you could provide for setting up this mobo with your memory is greatly appreciated!
            Attached Files

Comment

Also, can you suggest an alternative memory that would provide a significant performance boost with this motherboard and cpu? I see your F3-1866C10D-16GSR, F3-2133C10D-16GSR, F3-2400C11D-16GSR, and F3-1866C9D-16GSR all available online for under $75 (as well a others in other series). Thanks.

Comment

Yes, looks like you were able to set it up properly at DDR3-1600

For an upgrade, I suggest the last memory kit you mentioned.

F3-1866C9D-16GSR

This kit is perfect for that motherboard and CPU

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Working...
                  X