Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM + AsRock 8800GM-LE FX + AMD FX 4100 (FD4100WMW4KGU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM + AsRock 8800GM-LE FX + AMD FX 4100 (FD4100WMW4KGU)

I am having some random freeze issues in Windows 7 x64. Machine boots normally, but every 15 minutes or so the machine completely freezes for roughly a minute and goes back to normal.

After purchasing these components I found the memory is not on the QVL list for the particular motherboard. I am hoping that I can adjust the memory so that I can get some stability in my system. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Attached are screenshots of the bios settings. I started with everything on auto and so far have adjusted memory voltage from auto to every setting from 1.48 - 1.59, none alleviated the problem. I also forced the memory from 800mhz to 667mhz with no success.

Will this memory work with this board or do I need to go with something on the QVL?
    Attached Files

Does your mobo have DOCP, EOCP or XMP if so try enabling one or each of those and select the 1600 profile. Another option would be to try setting the timings manually for 1600, and I think I would start w/ 9-9-9-24, 1.5, 2N. Your set is a 1600/CL8 which is tighter timings than AMD is accustomed to, so another option is leave them at CL8 (the 8-8-8-24 timings and try with the DRAM voltage at 1.55 and raise your CPU/NB voltage + 0.07 from it's current setting.

As far as the QVL goes, all that really is is sets of sticks they had on hand, popped in and tried them at the original mobo default setting for DRAM which here is 1333 - they don't test sticks at the sticks rated specs - they 'test' at the mobo default - i.e. if you had 2133 sticks that were on the QVL, all it means is that they booted the system up at 1333 - can see more about QVLs in my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried your suggestions and let each ride for a little while. Manually setting the timings to 9-9-9-24 made it a little bit better as the occurrence of the freezing is not as often. However the issue of the freezing still remains and it dead locks for a good 1 - 2 mins.

Comment

Prob need to take the CPU/NB up another + 0.05 or so. See if that's better

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

This appears to have made things worse or just as bad as the original problem.
          Anything else to try?

What would the ideal timings be for my combination and I am not really trying to over clock, just get stability? Are we saying the (9-9-9-24, 1.5, 2N) are ideal?

Comment

The ideal timings would be stock 8-8-8-24 or possibly 9-8-8-24, 1.5, 2T. Do you have the CPU OCed at all? What is the HT and the CPU-NB freqs at?

Tman

Comment

I put everything back to auto. I decided to start ruling out other hardware components. Turns out the hard drive was causing this issue, replaced with a new one and reloaded the OS and have had no lockups yet. Thank you for all your input and help.

Comment

Glad to hear it and Thanks for getting back to us, now you can enjoy your rig

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X