RipjawsX 32GB 1600 is showing 1333 on Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipjawsX 32GB 1600 is showing 1333 on Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

Hi, I just built a new system on the Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe mobo (with i7-3770K) which I plan to overclock (I'm a novice at this...).

Anyway, I installed 32GB RAM (Ripjaws X F3-1600C9-8GXM) hoping to use them at their full 1600Mhz but they are showing up as 1333Mhz.

Can anyone guide me on how to make them operate at their specs?
    When I overclock my CPU, will this affect it in anyway or are these 2 things independent?

Thanks!

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, then enable XMP and select 1600, let us know how it goes, if any problem, I'll be back early afternoon

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply! I'm a bit scared to update the BIOS from the version that came pre-installed (0703 AMI) because I keep reading posts that say "don't update bios unless you are experiencing some issue with your pc".... not sure if my 1600Mhz memory posting at 1333Mhz qualifies as an issue that could be resolved with a BIOS update?

Thoughts on the above?

Comment

correction: my memory is F3-1600C9Q-32GXM (not 8)

Comment

In order to run 32GB your best bet will generally be the latest BIOS, but not always, go ahead and try with your current BIOS, simply enable XMP and select 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman,

OK, after doing my research I successfully updated my BIOS to latest "stable" one. I then went to Asus's Ai Overclock Tuner and set it to XMP. This in turn changed my memory profile to 1600Mhz 9-9-9 24 2N 1.50V.

I refreshed my Windows Experience Index and the RAM part jumped from 7.7 to now 7.8.

3 things:
            1. First, why am I not hitting a score of 7.9 for memory with that amount of RAM?
            2. Second, AIDA64 seems to report speed is still 1333Mhz.... where would you recommend I check to be certain that it has been changed and is now operating at 1600Mhz?
            3. Third, are there any more tweaks I can do to hit 7.9 score with memory?

Comment

To be honest WEI is sort of a waste, it's strictly based on what speed, how many sticks, and a lot of other things - like freq, you could run less DRAM, but at a higher freq and hit 7.9. Aida, I'd have to see it mat simply be reading the defauly boot freq of the sticks like CPU-Z does in it's max bandwidth window (see:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

If you really want to hit 7.9 try an OC to 1866, set timings to 10-10-10-31, 2T DRAM voltage 1.6 and may have to raise VTT(CPU) to 1.15 or so

Tman

Comment

Thanks mate, I dont think I will bother with overclocking. I downloaded CPU-Z and read your great thread. I can confirm its now running at 1600Mhz (based on 800Mhz DRAM Frequency shown in CPU-Z) but in the SPD tab, my value is : PC3-10700 (667Mhz). Is this accurate? Seems way off from the examples given in your thread... Specs as you know for these are PC3-12800.

Comment

That would be in the SPD tab? MAX Bandwidth? That is a setting programmed into the SPD to provide default boot parameters for mobos to work with, generally it will be 1333 or 1600 as not all mobos will default to 1600, it's nothing to worry about (except wish they would change the name of the box as it's very deceptive....

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X