Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help: Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAB & EVGA P67 SLI MICRO: what settings to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help: Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAB & EVGA P67 SLI MICRO: what settings to use?

i5-2500k, evga p67 sli micro, w7 pro, ocz vertex plus on latest 3.55 firmware. msi gtx460 v2.
    w7 is a clean install from two days ago.

spd detects ares ddr3 F3-1600C9D-8GAB as 11-11-11-24 @ 1600. I'd really like to get even 9-9-9-24, but i get BSODs when using XMP profile 1 and when i try profile 2 the computer won't even start at all - had to clear cmos.

I'd like to run it with a custom profile, but what settings should I use? the p67 motherboard gives me a whole host and I don't know what many of them do.

Here is what they list, with the default spd values next to them:
    • tCL control 11
    • tRCD control 11
    • tRP control 11
    • tRAS control 28
    • tRRD control 5
    • tWR control 12
    • tRTP control 6
    • tWTR control 6
    • tRFC control 128
    • tFAW control 24
    • IO latency control 1
    • Round Trip Latency Control 39
    • Command Rate Control 1

I could use some help with what settings to use. The only settings I found published for these memory boards is 9-9-9-24. I assume these are the first four in the list, but I don't know what to put for the other ones.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, then go into the BIOS and enable XMP, select the 1600 profile and it should set the timings correctly (all of them) then ensure CR is at 2T or 2N and DRAM voltage is at 1.5, then jot down the timings for fall back and can play w/ with the Primary, secondary and tertiary to whatever degree you'd like. Have fun!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Make sure you have the latest BIOS, then go into the BIOS and enable XMP, select the 1600 profile and it should set the timings correctly (all of them) then ensure CR is at 2T or 2N and DRAM voltage is at 1.5, then jot down the timings for fall back and can play w/ with the Primary, secondary and tertiary to whatever degree you'd like. Have fun!
      1. will upgrade bios to a121, currenly running older bios.
      2. can't tell which profile is 1600. i'm assuming that it is the "xmp profile 1"
      3. what is primary, secondary, and tertiary?

thank you for your prompt reply!

Comment

Yes profile 1 is the default to the sticks specs, in your case 1600. Faster sets, set 2133 or 2400 might have additional profiles for lower speeds/freqs, but 1600 is starting point for XMP. Your primary Timings are the 4 basic ones you normally see on the package or advertising like 9-9-9-24 the secondary include most of those you also showed in your list above like tRFC, tFAW, etc. these are normally the only ones you'll see in most BIOSs althouth there is a possibility of numerous other (Tertiary or third) timings available on some mobos - generally, is the BIOS is up to date and written well, all most need do is ensure the primary timings are correct, XMP or the mobo will set up the secondary and if needed tertiary

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Yes profile 1 is the default to the sticks specs, in your case 1600. Faster sets, set 2133 or 2400 might have additional profiles for lower speeds/freqs, but 1600 is starting point for XMP. Your primary Timings are the 4 basic ones you normally see on the package or advertising like 9-9-9-24 the secondary include most of those you also showed in your list above like tRFC, tFAW, etc. these are normally the only ones you'll see in most BIOSs althouth there is a possibility of numerous other (Tertiary or third) timings available on some mobos - generally, is the BIOS is up to date and written well, all most need do is ensure the primary timings are correct, XMP or the mobo will set up the secondary and if needed tertiary
          thank you -= you have been very informative. i'll note that in your link.
          ive since flashed bios to a121 and the memory has been running on xms1 so far with no problems. will use memtest tonight and check one more time.

Comment

Keep us updated, glad all is well

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X