Msi 970a-g46+g.skill f3-12800cl9d-8gbrl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Msi 970a-g46+g.skill f3-12800cl9d-8gbrl

I have an MSI 970A G46 motherboard and a FX-8120 processor combined with a pair of F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL. I was wondering what my settings in the bios should be for stable and optimized performance.

Prob want to make sure you have the latest BIOS, but should be fine w/ stock 9-9-9-24 2N and 1.5

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cool. I have the latest bios and I tried the recommendations in that stickied thread up top.

I increased CPU-NB Frequency to 2400mhz from stock 2200... It screwed some of my games and programs, making everything run super fast. I was playing Saints Row The Third and everything moved as if it was in fast-forward. So I set that setting back to auto which is the default setting.

I did notice the auto settings for timing were set too high than the recommended timings, so I went ahead and changed those. The dram voltage was also too low, so I upped that up to 1.5.

I left the CPU-NB voltage at default settings of 1.10v.

Link Frequency is set at 2400mhz... So thats good.

I noticed something with my bios though. The timings had to be unlocked. Unlocking it gave me two options.

One option was: Linked and the other was Unlinked. I currently have it set to Linked. I'm thinking this relates to dual channel. But I'm unsure.

Any idea what setting I should have this on?

Comment

Your right, linked is AMDs moniker basically for dual channel

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X