F3-17000CL11D Changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL11D Changed?

Got my second pair of F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL a few weeks ago but I noticed a difference... the heatsinks now extend to the edge of the PCB, so they no longer match.

Also, they require more voltage it seems too... my old pair is stable at 1.50v, whereas this pair needs 1.55v. Specs state 1.5v-1.6v. Not too happy about either of this... (especially since I didn't catch them on sale either)
    CPU: i7 4790K
    Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Hero (z97)
    RAM: G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX)

Not sure when the change happened, I do like the newer look though (sleeker, more finished) may improve heat dissipation or may have been from people complaining the exposed edge of the PCB was hard on fingers when installing....not sure

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah I do like the new look, but I don't like that it doesn't match my old pair with the same model number. That and the chips don't run at the same specs it seems

Comment

Might contact them and see if anything can be done, try PMing GSkill Support, GSkill Tech or GSkill

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tman, I PM'd GSKILL.

You really ought to be on gskill's payroll for all the support you do around here! Glad to see you at least got administrator title! (or did you always have that?)

Also, yes they were easier on the fingers to install! But I prefer a matching pair.
          Last edited by LeetMiniWheat; 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

No problem, they made me a moderator about the end of 2009 and I think Admin in '10, I was managing the new members and screening for spammers, which I'm rather happy to say, this is probably the most SPAM free forum I see out there, seem to be sort of a target for them too, because we get prob 3-4 known spammers sign up to join as what I think of as 'real' members. GSkill may get to you this evening, he's in China and it's their Friday (a day ahead)

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X