Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sniper 2133 2x4gb + Asus Rampage III MB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sniper 2133 2x4gb + Asus Rampage III MB?

Hello,

I have the asus Rampage III MB, and yes it's an I7-920 cpu but I was hoping to use this memory with the MB. The board is rated for 2133 and I'm trying to use it at 2005 with my OC-which has been stable for 2 years and since I've installed the 2133 RAM I continually get BSOD 124 error code-which isn't very helpful.

I've made sure the RAM is seated well, the timings set to 11-11-11-30 2t. I get BSOD at 1.60v , 1.65v but if I leave the bios option for mem voltage on auto it goes to 2.0V but stays stable and no BSOD. What gives?

Is it just that my MB can't use this memory at the rated speeds and voltage? I've run memtest and had no errors until I got the BSOD at 54%. Any ideas?

May need to raise the MC voltage a tad, maybe + .04 believe it's QPI/VTT on your mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Let us know what happens

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I will, but it will be later tonight. I was hoping to pop that in and get it going, but I actually need to work (from home) and get a bunch of stuff done yet. Anyway, I'll report back as soon as I can.

Comment

I'll be around, in and out for another 4-5 hours or more, have some rigs to play with

Tman

Comment

Well, no joy here. I made sure I had the latest bios update for my MB, tried Trademan's suggestion and while it did make the system stable for general use like surfing thew web and office documents, whenever I tried any benchmarking or games I got the BSOD with error 124 again. I've spent about as much time as I would like on this and think I'm just going to RMA the RAM.

Comment

If good with regular use and getting BSOD 124, may be needs a little more QPI/VTT, but more likely may be vCore, which needs to be spot on, or if running with an offset on the vCore it's too low, or LLC is set to low

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X