Gskill F3-12800cl9Q 16GBRL Issues Fails Memtest and Computer Turns off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill F3-12800cl9Q 16GBRL Issues Fails Memtest and Computer Turns off

Hi everybody. I was wondering if somebody can give me some advice on the issue I am having. My computer has run perfectly fine since assembling it 6 months ago. Then this Saturday computer out of nowhere started freezing and geting blue screens. Did a memory test with memtest86 and got millions of errors. So, thinking sticks are issue. took each one out and retested all good. tested 2 together all good. tested three together all good. Put four in computer would just turn on and off and on and off. Had to remove sticks and put in one by one to get computer to come up. Doesn't seem like a memory stick issue but setting issue maybe. My motherboard is a gigabyte z68mx-ud2h-b3. All sticks were part of a kit. Intel i7 2600k. I'm not really familar with memory settings in BIOS and what they do but have tried to change DRAM voltage still the same many errors, turned on XMP still the same. Loaded newest firmware still the same. One thing I did notice is in the BIOS the timings were set at 11-11-11-32 but sticks are 9-9-9-24-2N. Changed that still the same. Downloaded CPU-Z and it says FSBRAM is 1:6, i read it should be 1:1.

If anybody has any suggestions on what to change in BIOS any help would be appreciated at this time. totally lost. If I lower speed of sticks do timings get changed and to want. Would not mind running memory at 1333 instead of 1600.

Thanks,
    Mario P.

Try reinserting sticks, make sure you have the latest BIOS, enable XMP and select 1600 profile, then give it a try

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Did BIOS, did reinsert and enabled XMP with profile1 selected. Only option available still the same. Any other ideas.

Comment

qpi/vtt 1.120
        dram 1.560

Comment

May need to raise qpi/vtt a bit more, might try 1.18 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My settings

Here are my settings in BIOS:

Extreme Memory Profile: profile1
            System Multiplier (SPD): 16.00
            Dram Timing selectable (SPD): Expert
            Channel Interleaving: auto
            Rank Interleaving: auto
            Channel A & B Timing Settings: 999 24
            tRC:auto
            tRRD: auto
            tWTR: auto
            tWR: auto
            tWTP: auyo
            tWL: auto
            tRFC: auto
            tRTP: auto
            tFAW: auto
            Command Rate: auto
            IO Latency: auto
            Round Trip Latency: auto
            CPU Vcore: auto
            QPI/VTT: 1.180
            Dram Voltage: 1500

If anybody can provide some better settings that might help with this constant blue screen with all 4 modules I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
            Mario

Comment

Might try testing each stick individually with Memtest to see if there's a bad stick

Tman

Comment

Already did that all run wih no errors. Turned system memory multiplier down to 13.3 memory is at 1300Mhz and it runs good but fails memtest86 about 24 errors. When memory was setup at 1600Mhz the timings were auto inputed at 11,11,11,28. Memory is 9-9-24. At this time properly will replace memory if it works fine will send in units for replacement.

Mar

Comment

Yep, looks like time for an RMA

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X