• Show
Clear All

• RipjawsZ F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL Asrock z77 Extreme 4

Hi,

got myself a new computer with:
    -intel i5 3570k
    -asrock z77 extreme 4
    -4x4GB GSkill RipjawsZ DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24

The Problem is i can't start the computer with the Ripjaws in one of the dual channel slots.
    At the moment im running in singlechannel mode with 4GB in slot A1 and 4GB in slot A2.

If I put one or more in slots B1 and/or B2 the system won't start up and send me error message 55 on the mainboard for "Memory not installed".

I updated the Bios to the newest version 2.00 and also tried to set XMP profile in Bios, but i can only chose between Auto and XMP 1.2, but both didn't solve the problem.

What else can I do/ try?

Stefan

Think your about the third person with this mobo that has had the same problem, can try resetting the CMOS then installing the sticks again and firmly seat the sticks, especially in 2 and 4, press them in till they clip themselves, the mobo may have overly tight DIMM sockets or just bad slots

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Solved the problem "somehow". I disassembled the whole computer and put it together again and saw that the dots on the back of the mainboard were pretty long and there were tiny scratches on the case. So I added additional placeholders to the already existing ones and now everything is fine. But maybe it was just a cable or something but bios and DIMM slots defiantly weren't.

Thanks for the help anyway

Stefan

Comment

If all the placeholders (standoffs) that were needed weren't in place the mobo may have been touching the case and possibly getting a low level electrical short, glad you found the problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X