BSOD ans memtest errors with F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD ans memtest errors with F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL

I am getting random BSOD, with the “memory management” phrase. I have run MEMTEST 4.2, and am getting numerous errors (like thousands). This system was built in May 2012, and I have been getting these BSOD for several weeks now. I have a G Skill Ripjaws 16 MB kit F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL. This ram was listed as compatible for the ASROCK Extreme 4 Z77 Motherboard. From comments on the Egg, it seems some motherboard bios settings can affect how this ram performs. I am looking for any bios setting suggestions that could alleviate my problem. AROCK Z77 Extreme 4 bios 1.9 ,Intel I5 2500K, Samsung 128gb series 830 ssd, and ATI 6870 video card. I have not started the single ram chip, rinse and repeat MEMTEST process yet. With so many errors in MEMTEST, is something else going on? MEMTEST after 52 minutes 308992 errors, failing address - 00241bd3f38 9243.8 mb, last 2 digits in address keep changing. I have listed a couple of bios screenshots.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by ledcat; 07-14-2012, 07:42 PM.

I'd try running memtest on each stick (maybe 4-5 passes each) if all okay - or if errors on multiple sticks may be mobo, CPU or PSU, is errors on only 1 (maybe 2 sticks) would guess the DRAM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK, I'll try running memtest on individual sticks. Is there anything in bios I can try to improve stability and eliminate errors?

Comment

If you want to post all the base and advanced timings, I'll take a look and see if anything looks off or can be improved

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Here are my timings set manually. It will be a few days before i can get to the separate ram checks.
          Thanks

Comment

Might try DRAM voltage at 1.55 and VTT at 1.1 just to see if it helps, the tRFC looks a little low, let me see if I can find anything on that

Tman

Comment

Maybe try tRFC at 160

Tman

Comment

Had not been here for a few days, thanks I will give those a try. I am getting alot of firefox errors which closes to desktop. I had my first BSOD in a few days after firefox shutdown, I asked to restart application and I got the BSOD stating Memory management.

Comment

Part might be FF, they've been constantly updating, think on version 15 now and I've experienced problems with it also, and know there's no problem w/ the various sets of DRAM I run/test.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X