• BSOD & General Instability

F3-12800CL9-4GBRL (2x 4GB: 8GB Total)
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Asus P8Z77-V LE
    GTX 460
    650W PS (BFG Brand)

Symptoms:
    - Games crash approx 1x every 2-4hrs
    - BSOD's approx 1-2x per week -- usually while gaming, but sometimes just web browsing.
    - Prime95 will throw fatal errors on workers. These occur very intermittently. Sometimes immediately on start but some workers will run for hours

Steps I've taken:
    1. Applied manual RAM settings (9-9-9-24-2T)
    2. BIOS and video card drivers are all up to date
    3. NO overclocking is applied.
    4. Tested 12v PS rails. 11.78 idle. 11.71 prime95 load. 11.62-11.65 game load

My gut was leaning toward the PS due to its age, but the voltage ranges are within tolerances and it was working fine in my last build. And, if it does have intermittent instability I likely wouldn't catch it on a multimeter.

I'm at a loss and ready to RMA the RAM, CPU & MB. Any advice on where to look next before I throw in the towel?

Might try DRAM at 1.55, PSU may be fluctuating

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Adjusted RAM voltage up to 1.55.
      I also replaced my PS (Corsair 650w)

I am still getting BSOD's and memtest86 is throwing errors. Crash dumps are flagging memory corruption and a range of faulting processes (iexplore, svchost, etc.).

Any last ideas before I RMA it all?
      Last edited by jgreer; 07-21-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Have you tried with XMP? If yes to both, if you can post your BIOS settings I'll see if anything jumps out

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Test one module at a time with XMP enabled or manual settings. Both should pass individually, if not, send them in for RMA replacements.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X