I really ran out of ideas. Totally.

O = Old memory stick
    N = New memory stick

I have tried this (from the cooler side outwards - black/orange):
    N-O-N-O-N-O
    O-N-O-N-O-N
    O-O-O-N-N-N
    N-N-N-O-O-O

All come out with 8Gb. No way around this.

Tried Nathalia's config, plus a few other things and nothing works.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Manta; 06-24-2012, 01:06 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling :)

Comment

May just have two sets that don't want to play together, I'll drop a note to the GSkill folks to see if they can take a look, the regular GSkill Tech person I normally work with/thru is off for a week or so, so not sure who will be looking in

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank You

Thanks a lot man!

Comment

If I think of anything else I'll post it out, otherwise, would guess earliest would be Mon afternoon to hear from GSkill, the guy I mentioned is off and I'm not sure how the folks they got to cover for him will work things, know on Mondays he generally worked through weekend email and phone calls before ever getting to the forums

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello Tman

Hope you are ok.

Updates to keep you in the loop:
            - Took the Pc to some friends of mine that work on IT and it turned out to be a faulty DIMM messing it all up. When using the "HWiNFO64" program one of the slots was not showing info as being detected by BIOS. Swapped the DIMM to another slot, same happened, so it had to be it!

- Contacted the retailer and sent it back (RMA) as was recently bought. Now it's up to GSkill to swap that for me. :/

Let's see how swiftly it gets resolved now.

Thanks for your time TMan... sorry if I messed you about.

I'll be in touch.

Cheers!

Comment

No problem, the big thing is the issue is getting resolved, keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Sorted!

Hello T-Man

Hope you are ok.

Updating you:
                - Today finally received new RMA'd kit from my vendor - they already had it, but "forgot" to send it last Thursday it seems - and guess what..?

All working perfectly fine!
                At last 12Gbs of RAM up and running at full steam! Yay!
                Rock n roll baby!

Thanks for the help and (mostly) all the patience of putting up with my moaning

All is well when it ends well...

Regards!

Comment

Moaning and groaning just comes with building, troubleshooting and upgrading rigs, EVERYBODY needs help at some time or another, and it's often something simple that one forgot and fresh insight helps, so don't worry about it, just glad to hear all is well now! Have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X