Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Installed Memory Issue

Hey All,

First time posting, got an issue and wanted to see if any of you guys could figure it out, I am at work right now but I have a good idea of what I can do when I get home, so here it goes.

I recently built a new PC (6-7 months ago) and purchased a pair of the following:

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

It gave me some slight issues on the first install, but after some adjusting I got it to work. As of yesterday, I decided to move from 8GB to 16GB since I got a another graphics card in SLI as well as a new PSU, so I wanted to up the RAM, I went with a pair of the following:

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL.

My issue is that now when I boot my PC, everything turns on (Graphics card fans, Heatsink fan, mobo lights (though the DRAM one is red), and system fans, but I get a black screen (no signal from either of my dual monitors, both say "no signal"). When I replaced all 4 sticks of 4 GB memory (16GB) with the 4 sticks of the 2 GB (8GB) nothing happened, and the same result occurred.

I pressed the "memok!" button, the red LED flashed, restarted a couple of times and then kept my PC on. I thought it was still running so I let it go, I felt my hard drives and they were getting really hot (I have 4 of them).

So what I want to know is, do these RAM sticks work with my MoBo (I have read online they are supposed to) and what else can I try to get my gaming rig back online? I know you are probably wondering the specs, so I will post them below. Thanks in advance.

Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Pro Rev. 3
    CPU - Intel i5 2500k 3.2 (Turbo to 3.7, Oc'd to 4.2)
    PSU Azza Dyanmo 850W
    Graphics - Twin nVidia GeForce 460 GTX in SLI
    Cooling - Corsair H60 Water Cooling Unit
    RAM - (Above)
    4 Hard Disk Drives -
    1 TB
    1 500 GB
    1 320 GB
    1 250 GB

1 Blue-ray Burner/Player

Couple things to note:
    When I had received my Ripjaws (16GB) in the mail, I had also ordered 2 SATA cables since 2 of the ones I had were busted. I replaced the two SATA cables on my hard drives, as well as plugged in my blue-ray reader since it was unplugged (forgot to plug it in when I put my graphics cards in 4 days ago).

Keep in mind that EVERYTHING was working in 100% fashion prior to last night, I know this a long first post but I am just trying to be as informative as possible! Thanks again!

Usman

Unplug all sata data and power cables and try again. If it boots, try 1 drive at a time. If not, try only 1 ram stick. It's normal to a point that it won't work because your new set may not run as the older set which your mobo is set for. So memok button should've defaulted new rams.
    This cat scratches free.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz Offset - 0.015v | Asus P8P67 EVO | 12gb GSkill RipjawsX F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM 2x2gb & F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 2x4gb 1866 9-10-9-28@1.6v | AMD HD6850 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) | 2xWD500 Caviar Black & Blue | CM Haf-912 Advanced | Noctua NH-U12P SE + Akasa 12cm Viper | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | AMD Catalyst 13.10b

Comment

A few things you might look at, first make sure you have the latest BIOS, next with two sets XMP won't work correctly so you'll want to disable that and set the sticks up with base timings manually (9-9-9-24, 2T) and may well have to raise the DRAM and/or VCCIO voltage (maybe + .05 to start on each). May also want to start with a single GPU in setting up the DRAM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

How do I set them up manually? I am getting a "no signal" and black screen on my monitors, if I could get into the BIOS I am sure I could set that up. All my fans and other things sound like they are on and receiving power, just not the monitors.

Comment

Try booting with just two sticks and 1 Graphics card, am sort of wondering about the PSU.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The PSU is brand new and was working fine two days ago, ya it's a bit off brand but I went with it for the SLI-readiness of it and it was a decent price, it replaced my Corsair 650W PSU.

Comment

Working...
            X