• AsRock H67M-GE/HT / G.SKILL DDR3 RAM / freezes

Hi All,

I recently completed an HTPC build consisting of the following:

- AsRock H67M-GE/HT mobo
    - Intel i5-2500
    - Crucial M4 64GB SSD
    - 8GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL
    - ASUS BluRay

I've having random freeze problems during use as well as freeze problems approximately 1 hour into memtest86+ runs.

Originally, the system was built with PNY RAM (8GB (4GBx2) PNY MD8192KD3-1333), but when it exhibited the same freeze issues, I RMA'd the RAM and got the current G.SKILL modules instead (specifically listed as supported on the MOBO's support page).

I've had some assistance with tweaking various voltage settings on the TweakTown forums. That thread can be found here:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...-unstable.html

Currently, I'm running the G.SKILL RAM with these settings:

1.545v
    1333MHz
    9-9-9-24-2N (as listed on the G.SKILL product page)

As mentioned, I'm still getting the same freeze with each memtest86+ run, somewhere between 1 hr and 1hr 20 mins. Essentially, nothing I have changed has improved (nor hindered) the stability.

I'm running out of things to try. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Godfrey

First, do you have the latest BIOS, 1.70, they've (everybody) been working on getting DRAM updates in since the release of the P67, H67, Z68 chipsets, it can be found here:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...M-GE/HT&o=BIOS

I'd suggest trying that initially since the same problem happened with the other sticks.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      First, do you have the latest BIOS, 1.70
      Yes, I am running the 1.70 BIOS. I installed it yesterday prior to installing the newly arrived G.SKILL RAM.

Jeff

Comment

May want to raise the VTT voltage to maybe 0.86V, default should be 0.815V

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the input. I've tried raising the VTT voltage in the past, though I don't have the numbers in front of me right now. However, ASRock is having me RMA the mobo. We'll see where that goes...

Thanks again.

Jeff

Comment

Let us know what happens

Tman

Comment

Received new mobo from ASRock. So far, so good - system stable for 2 days. I think this one's behind me now (crosses fingers)...

Thanks.

Jeff

Comment

Glad to hear it, always better when things work.....correctly!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X