Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G. Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM not Fitting in ASUS P8P67 Deluxe

Hi,

I recently purchased some G. Skill F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM RAM to use with my ASUS P8P67 motherboard. The G. Skill site says that the two are compatible (http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=356), however when I tried to install the RAM I was unable to lock it in place with the plastic locking tabs on the DIMM slots on the motherboard. I tried using every combination of my two 4 GB sticks in the 4 DIMM slots and got the same problem each time. It appears as if the RAM stick is either too tall, or won't slide completely into the slot even after quite a lot of pressure. Also, I am certain that I am placing the RAM into the slots in the correct orientation.

Has anybody else experienced these problems before? And do any of you have advice on what to do about this situation, beyond contacting G. Skill and Asus? Or do you think I'll just have to look into an RMA?

Much thanks,

BKJenkins

Post some pictures.

Did you flip the memory around? There is a notch that needs to line up. The memory only goes in one way..

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, I've tried flipping it around too. The way I've been doing it I've ensured that the notch lined up, which is the only way that should work, and I'm still having the problem. I just can't lock it in place because the RAM is up slightly too high. I'll get some pictures and put them up soon.

Comment

Did you look in the slots? Make sure there is nothing stuck inside preventing you from fully inserting them..

Have to use like a pressurized CO2 bottle to clean/blow anything out.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X