• Show
Clear All

• Asus P8P67 & G.SKILL F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK no boot

Hi all,

I've just built my new system based on:
    - Asus P8P67
    - Core i5 2500k
    - GSKILL F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK (2x2GB)

When I turn on the computer, I don't get anything except the fans and the RAM Led that briefly lights up.
    I unplunged everything I could then tried several things:
    - removed the graphic card -> no beep (I tried it on another computer and it's working fine)
    - switched RAM sticks, tried with only one. When I remove both sticks the motherboard beeps several times
    - played with the EPU and TPU switches
    - removed the motherboard's battery attempting to clear CMOS

Because of the RAM led, I'm suspecting some sort of incompatibility between the RAM and the P8P67, or a defective G.SKILL kit.
    Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thx

Do you have other sticks (or even one you can try)...they should work, could try cleaning the contacts

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have any other DDR3 stick, otherwise I would have tried.

My kit doesn't appear in the P8P67's Qualified Vendor List. And I can see that all qualified DDR3-1333 references start with F3-10666 instead of F3-10600. Can we draw any conclusion from this?

Comment

Send it in for a RipJaws X kit. Any of those should work without a problem. The conclusion out of this would be that this motherboard does not like single ranked memory (PC3-10600).

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X