Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding 2x1gig sticks to go with 2x2gig on gigabyte board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding 2x1gig sticks to go with 2x2gig on gigabyte board?

hi, currently i have 2x2gig gskill ddr3(f3-12800cl9d-4gbnq)on my gigabyte ep45t-ud3lr motherboard, i want to add 2x1gig gskill(F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ), are they compatible, or any other 12800 ram for that matter, and would they still get rated speed ? thanks, ron. My processor is an intel e8500. Or would it matter if its gskill for the second pair i put in, just so long as its 12800 ram and its a matched pair?
    Last edited by fearde; 05-01-2009, 05:34 PM.

well, to run 4 sticks at the rated speed, you need to increase the voltage of memory and northbridge. it will help but not always.
    try memory at 1.65v and NB at 1.4v.
    doesn't want which model you install. same SPEC is better because motherboard auto runs it at whichever slower speed / timing.

Comment

Might want to ask them to test this....sort of a maybe it will work answer, might well leave you holding a pair of sticks you can't use and depending where you purchase, RAM is often non-refundable.
      Last edited by Tradesman; 05-01-2009, 07:18 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

2gb+4gb?

Hi there,

I have the same question, except my mobo is a P7P55D-E PRO with an i7 860

I presently have F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ and want to add F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ to my config.

Does this mean my mem will run as single channel.

And if so what are the implications?

Thanks

Comment

No, with those two kits installed, it will run in dual channel.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X