F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL unstable @XMP on Asrock P67 Extreme6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
    One kit, not two kits together in the same system.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

The memory is called "4GBXL." One "kit" is 2 sticks of 2gb each, no? This is what I have. Only one kit of F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL. Is that not correct?

Comment

Yes, one 4GBXL kit should work fine. For some reason I may have thought you had two.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, one 4GBXL kit should work fine. For some reason I may have thought you had two.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH
        Well, my problem is that it doesn't work.
        I'm still not clear on any voltages or other settings I should try...?...

Comment

With the ASRock mobo, would just have to experiment, the ones I've worked with have for the most part been flaky with the voltages they show you are at....if they have it on their QVL, then ASRock should be able to provide the exact settings they used....this is suppose to be their head guy:

pablomedina@asrockamerica.com

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Send them in for RMA to try a new kit. Also, did you test one module at a time?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Send them in for RMA to try a new kit. Also, did you test one module at a time?

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              Yes I tested one module at a time. I will not hassle with RMA but thank you for the advice. Guess I'll just stick with lower speed or try more voltage settings...

Comment

If you use a lower frequency, you can lower timings as well. That will make up the performance.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks, good advice.

Comment

Woops!

First i saw a sticky about MSI p67 boards misbehaving, and now it's Asrock.

What's a person to do?

Comment

Can always think about the ones we seldom ever see here (ECS, Jetway, Sapphire, etc)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by arklab View Post
                        Woops!

First i saw a sticky about MSI p67 boards misbehaving, and now it's Asrock.

What's a person to do?
                        I'm not convinced that it's the motherboard...

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                          Can always think about the ones we seldom ever see here (ECS, Jetway, Sapphire, etc)
                          Thank you for the reply, but ...

That's hard to do when they don't make a Z68 motherboard.

Comment

ECS and Sapphire have P67s so the Z68s will be on the way - as far as MSI goes just had the misfortune of getting one of their P67A-GD55 mobos, it turned out to be one of their many with the infinite power loop problem, reviewed it on the Egg, got a response from MSI, contacted them (which by the way, don't think they even read them, they just stick a stock reply out there to look good). Explained the loop where it start to power up, shuts off, etc - one of his suggestions was it's the OS.........hmmmm......not even getting to BIOS, let alone the OS, so how can it be the OS.....another suggestion was the DRAM...even though I explained I tried numerous sticks of different flavors about half of which were on their QVL....and ALL the sticks are perfectly good and work in a variety of other systems.....

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X