This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus m5a97 + f3-1600c9d-16gxm

Hoping I didn?t make a mistake. I have purchased 2 sticks or 16g of F3-1600C9D-16GXM(8Gx2). I intend to install it in a new ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 motherboard. Checking the qualified motherboard list and the RAM Configurator I do not find the two listed together. Will I run into a problem installing this RAM into this board? If so, would someone please recommend what memory would be my best option? Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

• It should be fine, might need to raise CPU/NB a bit to compensate for 8 GB sticks, any problems give us a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• hey i just bought another set of 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz RAM to make my memory a total of 8GB. Should i do anything in the bios or can i just plug it in without doing anything in the bios?

BTW i did everything from Method #2 in the guide in the first page.

Comment

• Give it a try, might have to add + .05 to DRAM voltage and + .04 or so more to CPU/NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
            Give it a try, might have to add + .05 to DRAM voltage and + .04 or so more to CPU/NB
            .04 on the multiplier or the voltage?

Comment

• CPU/NB voltage, may have to go higher, but isf stable before think that might carry the additional sticks

Tman

Comment

• I have GSkill 8gb Ripjaw DDR3 1600 memory with an MSI 970A-G45 motherboard. I changed all the settings in the bios, and yet I've still been getting steady crashes and PFN error bsod's. I'm pretty much ready for an RMA at this point, but the RMA process is rather unclear. Is the US RMA Request form the ticket to request an RMA, or is that the document I need to send off with my memory? And do I email it, or send it by post?

Comment

• For USA get the form here:

http://www.gskill.com/images/USA_RMA_Request_Form.rtf

And then fill it out and email it and a description of the problem to rma@gskillusa.com

Tman

Comment

• I’m having a hell of a time getting some RAM to work consistently. I have an MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 with a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4 GHz proc. I’m able to use only two G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) without any issues at all with the settings mentioned in the beginning of this thread. If I go through and specifically change everything again in the bios, restart, kill the power on the psu to keep it from rebooting, install the other two sticks of RAM, allow it to use recommended settings for the new ram it discovered, it will boot up once with all 32GB of ram recognized. After that, it will not post on a restart or from shutdown. If I were to go through and double check the settings rather than use “recommended settings” it will not post. I can continuously reboot at will with only two sticks in use.

I’m pretty frustrated with this. I’ve done just about everything I can think of. Even when I first turned it on with all sticks installed it worked. But after the first reboot performed when windows was installing it never posted again with all four sticks in without having to go through the whole ordeal mentioned above.

…help?

Comment

• Any time you mix sets it can be problematic, especially w/ AMD and even more so using 8GB sticks, can try w/ higher DRAM, CPU/NB and vCore voltages....or....best bet might be to try at 1333 w/ reg base timings and if that works, then try tightening the base timings by 1 each. Also check your CR (Command Rate/Timing, many AMD mobos default to 2N/2T (could also try at 1600 w/ 3T/3N). Amd just basically has weak Memory Controllers, even the new FX CPU, which they originally touted as being 'Native' 1866 and later changed, they are actually NATIVE 1333. They have since changed the advertising to 1866 AT 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL (and even then, that was based on 4GB sticks)

Tman

Comment

• Your quick response is much appreciated. I'll try to do exactly that when I can. A little busy at the moment though :S

Update to follow.

Comment

• We'll be around

Tman

Comment

• Hello

I wonder if I can help set the bios of my pc.
                            I've gone crazy trying to set it

AMD FX 8120
                            gskill F3-128000CL9-4GBZL (2X4_8GB)
                            geforce gtx560ti
                            mother asus m5a78l-le .bios 1003

http://imageshack.us...1/21223869.jpg/
                            http://imageshack.us...0/37468680.jpg/
                            http://imageshack.us...5/73289592.jpg/
                            http://imageshack.us...5/12758810.jpg/

Excuse my English, I'm from Uruguay.
                            I thank you any help

From already thank you.

Comment

• I'd upgrade to the latest BIOS, 1201, can be found here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...L_LE/#download

Then boot into BIOS and set freq to 1600

Tman

Comment

• I'll try to update the bios.
                                thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X