Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Ram speed is Best? Look here for the Benchmarks!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrcmtl
    replied
    Too bad that guy is banned, I would have asked him what's his NB frequency on those runs.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    I think it was just spam. The company probably has a person going around forums posting links to convince people to use their new programs. Well, he's banned now. =D

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• magnus2882
    replied
    why would I do that? Is 3 independant,reliable programs not enough to prove a point?

Leave a comment:

• magnus2882
    replied
    thanks for the props!

i'll post the benchmark's again.

Note: i've even went down as far as 1066, but the results weren't worth pasting ...
    2000Mhz best bandwith + latency

url=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/][/url]

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Wait wait wait, where is the DDR3-2000 benchmark? haha

In any case, of course DDR3-2000 will be better/faster than DDR3-1600 or others.

DDR3-2000 = max bandwidth 16,000MB/s
    DDR3-1600 = max bandwidth 12,800MB/s

This is fact. So obviously DDR3-2000 theoretically is much faster than DDR3-1600. But what people don't understand is that the other hardware must support it (bottlenecking). The perfect test is an overclocked P55 platform, that can support all memory frequencies. With that type of platform, you can easily tell the difference in memory bandwidth.

As far as latencies, depending on the memory, it may have certain "sweet spots", so even 7-7-7-24 and 7-8-7-24 may have a couple ns difference. Only testing and benchmarking can you find this, which is what max overclockers do.

magnus2882,

Great work, very informative, should be very helpful to other users.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• Which Ram speed is Best? Look here for the Benchmarks!!

Finally I can put this one to bed.

Some enthusiasts claim that because they can't run faster ram at the rated speed, that the same ram will actually perform better when downclocked - and at tighter timings. While i'm sure maybe SOME rams might behave this way, most simply will perform best when clocked at a higher frequency.

I've seen some benchmark's pulled off of Tom's hardware claiming that ram downclocked to 1600Mhz out performed the same modules clocked at 1800 and 2000. Let me just say I don't take much stock in benchmarks at tom's hardware- nor would I rely on them as gospel. I decided to run my own benchmarks, my own controlled environment, and use different software to confirm my results.

The Test Conditions:

- All benchmark's were performed right after a warm boot up.
    - Each test was performed 3 times, and the best result was recorded.
    - Bios was set manually, cpu clock speed remained the same, all volts remained constant.
    - Cpu/NB frequency remained as close as possible no more than 50Mhz difference.
    - Programs used were SiSandra, Everest, and Passmark.

There you have it, proof that 2000mhz ram is fastest when ran at it's intended speed.
    Not only did it win all the tests, but it crushed the other speeds.
Working...
X