i want to run my eco ram at eco volts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to run my eco ram at eco volts

G.SKILL ECO Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    SATA 3.0, USB 3.0, 3x USB power

I am happy to report that my computer is up and running with no blue screens.

I want to change my ram voltage as read on the newegg reviews. I know i am supposed to change it from auto to manual in the bios.

can you please advise me as to what exactly needs to be changed. i am kind of confused when i have read the other posts how some say they changed the voltage and others say they changed the timing

if i just change the voltage will that also change the timing.

please let me know, any help would be appreciated. I am only interested in getting the ram to work as a lower voltage ram at the advertised 1600. i am not interested in anything beyond that as i have no intentions of overclocking anything on the computer.

Changing your voltage will have no effect on your timings; aside from increasing or decreasing stability of the settings. If you have your Timings set to auto, or to recommended timings for this memory; you should have no issues with it at all.

Comment

You can't do it on that motherboard. Minimum is 1.50V or 1.60V, so you can't manually set it. What you can do is set to AUTO, and maybe it will only use as much as it needs.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X