X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR3 Gskill Ripjaw (1.99GB Useable)

hi guys ive got a Asus P7P55D LE mobo

I have had the ram in single channel and it works fine 4GB useable
    but i moved it over to Dual channel and it comes up with 1.99 gb useable.
    i have updated the bios to the latest one and tuned on memory mapping and gone into boot and turned on use max memory.

Any other suggestions guys
    Many thanks
    SilveR_172

Make sure the memory is firmly pressed in. The slots on this motherboard can commonly leave one side slightly up, and cause this problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Done that buddy thanks for fast reply.

Although just done the bios update and checked the voltages and they have had them set to 2.00v *Gulp* was blue screening on me but just changed them down to 1.5 seems to be okay
      And that was set by Asus ! Shocking !

Comment

Your system should be stable now. What you can do is enable the XMP Profile under AI Overclock Tuner, and that will always make sure memory is set properly.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes but still in dual channel its still only got 1.99 GB useable how can i rectify theis problem ?

Comment

If problem persists, I would suggest sending them in for new replacements.

Have you looked through the sticky regarding this?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi yeah i have looked through the sticky, but my motherboard isent on there

The only problem is that they wont work in dual channel but the do work fine in single have you ever heard of this problem ?

Many thanks

Comment

Yes, but unfortunately there is no sure reason. The motherboard, CPU, and memory can all cause this problem. I would suggest exchanging the memory first since it is the easiest. Then the motherboard, and lastly CPU, if even necessary.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Right well becaouse i dont realy want to sent the moduels back i shall test them in a freinds motherboard and see how we get on and then if no luck i will unfortunalely have to send them back
                  Many thanks

And thanks for all the fast replys =)

Comment

Working...
                  X