Crosshair 4 w/Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosshair 4 w/Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme

I am going to buying the parts for my rig soon and I have decided on the CrossHair 4!!!!
    On Asus's site the highest g.skill memory is the Trident 2000, so that is what I have picked.
    What my question is, based on the tridents air vents being much higher, I
    was wondering if anyone knows if I would have any issues between the tridents and
    the Tuniq Tower 120 extreme?? I know for a fact that the Hyper 212+ won't but I have
    no idea about the TT 120.

Thanks for help

Don't know, but I know the Tridents are ~54mm tall, so if you can clear that you should be fine.

Based on some pictures, I'd have to say no. This thing is huge, it barely clears standard memory, but hard to gauge accurately in pictures. Slot 3 and 4 look to be fine, but 1 and 2 may be a problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

well I might have to consider the Hyper 212+ instead, because I was thinking about
      getting a S-Fan to boot.

Comment

I don't know if this is your place but if I got a HAF-X, Crosshair 4, your Trident 2000's, which cooler would you guys recommend that would fit with a S-Fan on the Tridents??

I know this is kind of a brood question with many possibilitys to bad you guys didn't make
        coolers.lol.
        You guys emailed me like a week ago and told me that the 212+ would fit perfect
        even with a Sfan.

Comment

actually you don't need to recommend anything you probably can't give personal opinions
          cause of your job.
          But I have been looking at the PIS series and I was wondering if the F3-16000CL7D-4GBPIS works on the CrossHair 4?? It ends up being cheaper cause it comes with the S Fan.
          It isn't on Asus's list but I know it doesn't have to be to work.
          Which one of these performs better the Trident or PIS??
          Last edited by Salt-Slasher; 06-16-2010, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I can give personal opinions, but I haven't used all coolers, so I don't believe I am in the position to comment.

The PIS is better because it is CL7 instead of CL9. You will need a x6 CPU to operate that spec though. I would suggest our new Flare series.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-370-_-Product

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X