gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2 with F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2 with F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

I am using 4GB of F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM in my Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2 rev 1.0 in combination with an AMD X4 965 C3. I run windows 7 64 bit enterprise
    On first boot up the memory registered as 1333 and I manually bumped it up to 1600 in the bios.
    Everything seemed to run ok but when I run prime95 I see errors pretty quickly. Running memtest86 overnight showed no issues.
    When I set the memory back to 1333 prime95 runs just fine without errors.
    I am using BIOS version F 9

Any idea if I can make it run at 1600 with no errors in prime95 ?

Im thinking about 4 more GB but am wondering if I shouldn't change to a different type or brand of memory altogether.

Increase CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V, NB Frequency x11 2200MHz, and see if that helps. If not, set timings to 8-8-8-24 and it should be stable. Not all AMD systems are capable of DDR3-1600 CL7.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

didnt work

I tried the suggested settings but it didn't work, I still get the errors.
      Which part is the limiting factor here ? Is it the CPU ? I thought the C3 model was capable of running 1600 mhz ?

Thanks for the help

Comment

What slots do you have them installed in? The only possible limiting factor is timings, DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 should not be a problem though.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

first 2 slots

They are installed in the first 2 slots, the first two next to the cpu.

Comment

Try the other two and see how that works.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

other 2 work

Surprisingly the other 2 slots make it work ok at 1600mhz. I had to use 7,8,7,24 for the timings.
              I also tried 7,7,7,24 but it crashes the system, even with the increase to NB values you suggested.
              Do you think I will have any issues when I fill the other 2 slots with the same memory ??

cpu-id suggest that 7,8,7,24 are the timings to use so that's why I tried it.

Comment

With the other two slots filled, you may need to increase timings to 8-8-8-24. The two slots you currently have them installed in are initial slots, that's why you had issues before because they were in the wrong slots for performance.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X