No announcement yet.

XMP causes extreme CPU overheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats what one would naturally assume but as i said, when i increased my CPU Vcore with XMP enabled it reduced my temps by a good 10 degrees, I am unfortunately using stock cooling but my case has 3 fans and decent cable management, and room temperature doesn't seem to be having much of an effect on the CPU core temps. Having increased my CPU Vcore to 1.1375 when XMP is enabled temps went down but are still in 80's at load, so i dont know if i should increase or decrease voltages to get lower temps nos...

Comment

Try with XMP disabed and set memory speed to 1333 MHz. Test the system to see what is a temperature on CPU. That would be default speed for i5 750, clock at 133 MHz and memory at 1333 and should give you lowest voltage and lowest temperature.
      That what you see as increase is in fact a decrease of CPU voltage, 1.13 fixed vs 1.24 V on AUTO. That is why temperature drops down 10? or more. You should see if you can adjust voltage at some low step (1.13 is fine, try lower) and enable power saving options. And one recomandation, if you have any chance to try your system with better cooler, like Scythe Katana III, it should give you at least 25?lower temperature at full load if you have good chasis.
      That overclocking of i5 750 for memory speed higher then 1333 MHz is a reason why I bought 2 kits of 1333 MHz, no sweat with settings

Sorry if my English is not the best, I am a Croat and gave my best to help you

Comment

lol thanks i appreciate it, you have been very helpful on this forum, and your english wasnt a problem to read at all . I'm tired of struggling with confusing voltage settings in BIOS so i simply will leave it at its 1330 speed and tighten the timings to CL7 to try and compensate, because tbh i can see no real difference in performance between the two settings. If i ever feel my memory could use more bandwidth i will probably just get a new heatsink Thanks again Sin,

Comment

Working...
        X