Ga-890fxa-ud5 & f3-12800cl9q-16gbrl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-890fxa-ud5 & f3-12800cl9q-16gbrl

Ripjaws F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL with the GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 at stock speed?
    Has any one tried this combo?

Should work no problem as long as you have a CPU that can support it. This iincludes black editions, C3 revisions, and the new 6 core CPUs.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks, yes I will match the 16 GB of this ram with a 6 core and HDW raid.
      Still running your DDR 500 overcloced for 4 1/2 years

Comment

I can confirm compatibility with this combo as I recently built a workstation with a Phenom 1090T and the same mobo and RAM kit. I'm currently working on overclocking and am stability testing now.
        Last edited by joeuphoria; 06-16-2010, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!
          FedEx and the Brown van are due in tomorrow, I'm jacked...

Had no clue you can do much OC'ing with all mem slots occupied.
          Always hit the wall fast with stability issues.

Take care

Comment

Bandwidth limitation in dual channel mode?

Little follow up.

Stable at 4Ghz w. 1.375vcore after 12 hours prime95 blend with RAM at 1600 9-9-9-24 T2.

Had it at 4.2ghz w. 1.45vcore but haven't done any stability testing, don't think I can justify the power usage and higher temps, and I'd rather stay within manufacturer recommended voltages for now.

I'm concerned (and probably you too) about whether my system is recognizing this RAM at 1600 (800mhz). When I initially built the system it defaulted to 1333 (667mhz) and the same timings. CPUZ (under SPD) reports a max bandwidth of 667mhz when set at 1600 so I'm guessing its limited to this speed in dual channel mode (4slots occupied). I'm new to overclocking so I'm not sure if there's any method for getting around this like messing with NB frequencies.
            Last edited by joeuphoria; 06-18-2010, 09:36 AM.

Comment

No, the max bandwidth is the maximum default value for all DDR3 motherboards. It will not change no matter what. What that tells you is that when you plug in memory above 667MHz DDR3-1333, it will only operate DDR3-1333 unless you use a performance profile or manual settings. This is the reason why when you plugged in these modules, they only read as DDR3-1333 667MHz.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X