No announcement yet.

DDR3 2000 Perfect Storm - Elpida hyper IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your kit would be MNH-E and it is still alive, then it is certainly not affected by the problems of some early Hypers. Then the difference between MNH-E and MGH-E is negligible in that regard. When looking for kits, unless for some of the very early kits or if the heatspreaders were removed, in most cases you probably can't tell them apart. However for the G.SKILL kits there might be a way, based upon the production date, but i am not sure about that (maybe G.SKILL Tech knows).
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Should of posted here, emissary42.. sorry

The kit is still doin fine. I think it's pushing 1986MHz cl8.8.8.21 tRFC 60 2T just fine at 1.66v at idle and 1.642v under load. (curios how to keep the volts higher under load)

I'm looking to tighten up some secondary timings. I seen an SPD of some of the secondaries recently. Never knew there were any! But I'm curios about the rest. On an EVGA Classified X58 board E760. Where can I go for help with this?

Comment

If you want to go higher frequency you might have to raise tRFC a bit, but most other timings you should be able to keep. The Vdimm dropping under load could be by design and you probably don't have a loadline like setting for the Vdimm in your BIOS?

Since my DFI LP UT X58 is dead i will not be using my kit on X58, so won't be able help you with tightening timings. Good places to ask around might be HWBOT, Overclockers.com, ocerclock.net, HardOCP and the likes.

Edit: These were my quick settings for binning Hypers on LGA1155 (the less volts needed the better the kit):

Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Not looking to go any higher I'm looking to tighten the sub timings. I don't have a full understanding of any of them.

Where can I download Mem Tweak It ?

Comment

Working...
          X