Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

Missing capacity? 6GB detecting 4GB in BIOS? 4GB only showing 2GB? Read this.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing capacity? 6GB detecting 4GB in BIOS? 4GB only showing 2GB? Read this.

This is from a good friend eva2000.

http://i4memory.com/ramdetect

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

and

( first thing, always install the latest bios)

This was good reading but I've found out something about this problem.

My ASUS x58 sabertooth mobo was detecting 4gig out of 6 gigs so I went to this forum you posted and played around with the bios, to no avail.

Then I've decided to move the " Gskill 3 channels kit " around to test them, and surprise, the 6 gigs were detected. It seem to me like we have to insert the memory sticks a couple of times to make sure that all the contacts are touching the stick. It might be due to some residue , varnish or something preventing the new setup to work properly. Since this problem seem to happen with all brands of memory, it would be mostly a problem with the motherboard memory slots.

So anyway, try this trick before pulling your hair off and don't OC too much...
    Last edited by sirius69; 09-25-2010, 07:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I have tried to my best to fix this using the provided examples. I am a noob when it come to oc memory. I have not been able to find threads about my kind of ram. if you can help me it would be apreciated. please refer to this thread http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=6445

Comment

after 6 months 16gb memory only showing up as 8gb

i have a sony vaio, last year i purchased 16gb gskill, my sony vaio computer detected 16gb, but now it will only detect 8gb. both memory are not faulty as have swapped out. do i need to return these.

Comment

Originally posted by dhealys View Post
          i have a sony vaio, last year i purchased 16gb gskill, my sony vaio computer detected 16gb, but now it will only detect 8gb. both memory are not faulty as have swapped out. do i need to return these.
          6months seems like a long time to wait before considering sending them back. I think you should send it back... and should have done so as soon as problem occurred.

Comment

Working...
          X