M4a79XTD EVO & F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL ---Help PLZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4a79XTD EVO & F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL ---Help PLZ

I have posted in the DDR3 configuration forum for help but have since to recieve a reply. So i am posting here in case i posted in the wrong place.

I purchased this RAM from Newegg.com and used it on my Motherboard Asus M4A79XTD EVO coupled with a AMD Phenom II x4 955BE, using windows 7 (32bit)

I have the latest bios 0704 from Asus on the motherboard.

When i first installed it i just left everything set to auto, was a new build. I got everything installed fine and was using the pc for about 4 days, then i started getting multiple BSODs, all basically reporting file corruption and bad ram. So after little research i found some tips to do in the bios to setting this ram manually. I even recieved a reply on neweggs review forum from Gskill to set my ram to the following:

MHz - 1600
    tCL - 9
    tRCD -9
    tRP -9
    tRAS -24
    CR -2T
    Voltage @1.5

rest auto. (should work yada yada thanks )

I set it to that and it ran Memtest 86+ 5hours+ no errors.

After being off for more than 10 hours or so I started the computer and continued on till i got another error message and BSOD kernel something rather.
    So i ran memtest agian and had tons of failures.

So i tried ,,,

MHz 1600
    9-9-9-27-2t @1.5v

Memtest86+ ran almost double the errrors in half the time..

I manually set it to ,,

Mhz1333
    9-9-9-24-2t @1.5v

It ran stable for that day, 3 hour testing of memtest .. then regualr use of the PC.,,

Next day after a long off period i started the system to recieve a message juat after bios posting and before windows would normally start that my Overclocking Profile failed and that i need to adjust the bios. ( I'm like what overclocking profile?)
    I went into Bios to check things out only thing that was changed was the ram setting i made just above. So I exited and atempted to reboot, but running it to Memtest first, and it failed agian. But not as bad like 4 errors on test 5 and then only 300 or so on test 6 but a fail is still a fail. So I went back into bios.

I set everything to default auto like i did the first day i put the ram in the machine and it ran memtest for 3 hours with no errors LMAO. Confused yet? I am.

default according to Memtest and CPU-Z is

1333 MHZ
    9-9-9-24-1T @1.6V

it ran for that day only(yesterday)

Today this morning, I have gotten into the habit of running memtest upon every boot-up now, it failed memtest like clockwork test 5 and 6 just rip it up on errors lol.

I use this pc to play games mostly, but so far I have only been able to play Memtest 86+ and the games beating me.

My last ditch effort from things i have seen to adjust in these forums was to change the HT voltage, i raise it to 1.4 up from 1.2. And the system ran a solid 8 hours of memtest today while i was at work. The tru test will be tomorrow morning. The Cold Boot....

So from what you've read so far what is my verdict? Bad Ram, any ideas on what else to adjust? Anything at all?

If i can't get it stable at any MHz be it 1333 or 1600 i don;t care really at this moment. Then my only option is to RMA them. I spent over a month figuring out and learning mainly about RAM so my newegg RMA is well overdue. PLease help..

OK i started this morning and got the same message before memtest loaded..

Overclocking profile failed, enter bios to change setting or restore defaults and continue yada yada..

I went in and changed nothing, test 5 on Memtest failed like 1500 errors within 10 seconds of starting it. I am just going to request an RMA then.

Comment

Working...
    X