Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECO triple channel ram

G Skill,

I ordered a set of the dual channel 1600 speed ram [ ECO ] F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO, but now think I am going to go with a different motherboard that supports triple channel memory (MSI X 58 PRO-E). Should I order another set and just use one of them so that I'd have 3 of them or would it be better for me to return this memory and order a set like the [ P I ] F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI or one of the triple channel ripjaws?

I like the low voltage of the ECO series for it's overclocking abilities. What do you think?

The ECO or CL7 PI would work great, but if you're looking for performance, go ahead and get that ECO CL7. People have been overclocking them to 1800+ with ease. I was able to boot them up at 1800, completely disregarding the fact that they are DDR3-1600. =)

The greatest benefit to these ECO series is that the low voltage produces much less stress on the CPU than standard voltages. So it can be looked as great stability, a lot of room for CPU overclocking since less stress is placed on the memory controller (located in CPU), or simply more overclocking room for the memory itself. Not to mention by running them at rated specifications, it helps the environment by saving power.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 01-18-2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

So there is no disadvantage to using three "dual channel" dimms as opposed to buying a "triple channel" matched set?

Comment

They may not work, they have not been tested as a package, so you are taking a chance hoping that they will synchronize well together.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Think I'll just play it safe and get a triple channel set. Are the PI series alot taller than the ripjaws? I am going to be using a noctua cpu cooler and want to make sure they will still fit.

Comment

Working...
          X