Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Track USB (ext. audio card) incompatible G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Track USB (ext. audio card) incompatible G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws

Hi,

I got a Fast Track USB external audio card. Working fine on my old setup with XP 32 bit.

I bought a new computer :
    Asus P7P55D-E
    8 GB DDR3 G.SKILL 1600 (4 Gb X2)
    Seagates Barracuda 7200 RPM 1 TB SATA2
    AMD GPU Radeon 5750
    Antec PSU 650W
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit...

G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Ripjaws PC3-12800 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Core I5 1.5V Memory Kit

I got cracking noise in my sound when listening to HD audio. Then, I tried all my DDR3 stick alone to see if the problem could come from here (after alot of search and try) and the sound was correct only with 1 of the 4 sitck. All the other stick alone was doing cracking noise in HD sound. The cracking noise happen only when I'm in full screen 1080P on youtube for exemple or when I played piano via MIDI using HQ sample like EastWest Orchestra Gold Edition. HQ sound requires more RAM so the defect ram probably bring noise in my sound...

When I'm using the onboard motherboard HD audio, the sound is perfect (no cracking noise)...
    I already try to disable these onboard audio and it did nothing...

So, is really a problem of RAM ?
    Should I return my RAM and get new one ?

I got a USB mouse Logitech MX500 and sometime, the arrow freeze for 1 second on the screen and restart to move after... She was working fine on my old XP 32 bit setup (with other ram). This problem is probably interrelated with the RAM...

PS : I got all the lastest drivers for my audio card for win7 64 bit, driver for my SATA2 HDD, for the onboard audio HD. I tried some audio codecs...
    (except for the mouse : no driver)
    I got the lastest BIOS update from ASUS.

I tried to unplug my cd/dvd player to see if it was a problem of power supply. No.
    I tried to underclock the freq of my DDR3 stick. Nothing's better.
    I tried my mouse on another desktop pc with Vista 64 bit : working fine.
    I tried the software Memtest86+ and let it run for 2h. He did 2 full past and 0 error.

I bought the memory on DirectCanada and I got 30 days to return it but the time run fast... If I past the 30 days, can I exchange the memory directly with you and maybe get a total refund because I can't wait 2 week for some ram because I need my computer each day ?

I need help !

Thanks you !

Mathieu
    Last edited by 3TnT; 01-18-2010, 11:52 AM.

Simply visit our website at http://www.gskill.com/rma.php for complete RMA procedures.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Finally, the problem come from my motherboard. The driver for my audio card seem to not support my motherboard. I swap the mobo and the problem was still there. I swap the ram too and same thing !

Thanks to you !

Comment

Working...
      X