Clear All

• F3-12800cl9d-4gbnq + asus m4a77td

I have a weird one.

MOBO-Asus M4a77td
    CPU-AMD Phenom II X4 945
    Ram - F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Graphice - PNY Geforce GTS-250
    Power-BFG 550Watt

Running Windows 7 64bit. I started running the default BIOS settings with the DDR3 running at 1333 and everything set to auto. OS installed and everything was running great..until I booted the box up the next AM..BSOD. After checking the BIOS settings and upgrading to the latest BIOS I booted again..everything ran fine for 6 hours or so. The next AM..yep..BSOD. It seems that it takes the system about 10 minutes to 'warm up' before it works.

I ran memtest on a cold box the next day..errors at 1535MB...waiting about 10 minutes in the bios setup..didn't change nothing...memtest then ran for 5 hours without error.

The next day..same thing. THen came the forum searchs and stuff..I followed the recommended BIOS settings a ASUS model that was 'close' to mine. Still no change. Now..keep in mind that with the recommended settings I was able to run the ram at 1600 without issue...ONCE it warmed up for 10 minutes. I played games on it for 2-3 hours without issue. If the box is shut off for mabye 2 hours or less..then it boots fine and runs great. I found the cut off to be about 3-4 hours..after that it needs to warm up. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Now..the box will not cold boot with any settings outside of the default bios. If I set the memory to 1600 it will give me a 'Overclock Failure' and tell me to hit F1. Now..if the box has been running for awhile I can change the memory and voltage settings and reboot all I want without issue. Does this sound like a issue with CPU, memory or the motherboard?

Comment

More more update. I swapped out the PSU for a 650 watt one and no change.

Comment

And one last bit of information. I tried pulling out one stick of the memory...bios still set totally at factory default...and memtest85+ v4.0 reported the correct amount and timing of the memory..but said it was running at DDR400. I know I saw in the post message the memory was running DDR3-1333???? I turned off the machine..swaped the memory sticks around and the same result. Now..if I put BOTH memory sticks back in the machine....memtest86 is back to reporting DDR3-1333. Anyone have any ideas why THAT would happen?

Comment

Try raising HT Voltage to 1.40V. Your CPU may have issues operating DDR3-1600.

I would suggest running each stick individually with the proper settings, then run memtest on each to make sure they are working fine.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for the info

Ok..I punted the motherboard. So far..it seems it was indeed the motherboard. I do fhave one follow up question..the new motherboard is a MSI NF750-G55. I have no idea what the BIOS settings should be set to. Right now it's running DDR3-1333.

Comment

Working...
            X