• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH At Fault ?

Phenom II 965 125 watt
    Asus M4A79XTD Evo
    F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH

I had the ram set at 8-7-7-24 2T 1.6v running Prime95 blend test, it gave hardware failure within few mins, CPU is on auto no overlocking, then i tried the ram on auto, which the board set it to 1333, 9-9-9-24 1T, and tried Prim95 blend test again and now its been running over hour no errors, so im wondering if it was the timmings set at 1600mhz that was causing the failure, now im wanting help how can i get it running at 1600mhz, would i need to do looser timings at 1600mhz any suggestions

Thanks

Try 8-8-8-24 to see if that will work. If you continue to have issues, try increasing HT Voltage to 1.30V.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Try 8-8-8-24 to see if that will work. If you continue to have issues, try increasing HT Voltage to 1.30V.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT
      Tried them both, also tried 9-9-9-24 still gives error, I set it to 1600mhz and left everything on auto, was like 11-11-11 but that worked no error for 1 hour , so what now

Comment

Have you tried one stick at a time with the rated specifications?

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I just fitted a new cpu cooler had to take full board out, just finally put it back together and its in the corner, i dont really wanna right now, but i have tried running it at 1333, 7-7-7-21, 1.6v and prime95 blend test, been running 30mins now no errors so far, really dont wanna stay at 1333, like it to run 1600mhz, does it matter if its unganged or ganged, and 1T or 2T, i did change both each time i did test and didnt help, can you let me know what setting these 2 should be on this ram anyway so i dont need to carry on changing them.

There is so many other settings in the ram section must be other settings to change to get it to run at full speed
          Last edited by uscool; 01-15-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

everything on auto, no overclocking, cpu etc, only changed speed to 1600mhz and 1.6 voltage, all rest on auto timings, which cpuz says its 11-11-11-29 tRC 40 2T, and been running prime95 on blend, and now been running over 1 hour no errors, so what could be the problem, cant really wont run it with them very loose timmings , i tried 8-7-7-24 2T, 8-8-8-24 2T, 9-9-9-24 2T and prime95 (blend) gives error on one the the cores then another error on another core, any solutions for this ? cause there is many many settings for the ram stuff in bios but i aint got clue what to change though.

I put the ram in the blue slots which it says in the manual is recommended for overclocking

Thanks

Comment

To run stable at 1600 you'll prob have to OC your CPU and raise voltages (CPU/MC) accordingly...but...wouldn't recommend doing so for a few days is you just added a new cooler...want to give your thermal compound time to cure before OCing. Would suggest running the sticks at 1066-1200 for a few days then gradually raise the speed to see what adjustments need to be made with CPU speed and associated voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ya, Phenom II only support speeds of 1333mhz, 1600mhz is considered a overclock, i just tried it at 1333 with 7-7-7-24 and gave error, dont understand this , it works just leaving timmings on auto, on 1600mhz, but it sets them itself to 11-11-11-29 tRC 40 2T which is not very good

Comment

Just set it to 1333 8-8-8-24 1.5v and prime95 blend fine for over hour now,

Comment

Unganged, 2T. DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 may be your best setting then. If you'd like, post up screen shots of your BIOS and I can see what you may be missing.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                      Unganged, 2T. DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 may be your best setting then. If you'd like, post up screen shots of your BIOS and I can see what you may be missing.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT
                      well i have put it back to ddr3 1600mhz 8-7-7-24 2T, other then prime error, i have been playing few games for hours and general tasks and i aint had any problems, so i may just leave it as it aint giving me any problems

Thanks again for all your help

Comment

Working...
                      X