• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and GA-MA770T-UD3P not working

Ram: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Motherboard: GA-MA770T-UD3P rev. 1.0
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1

I believe my ram is bad and here is why. I can't install vista ultimate 64bit because of BSOD's and lockups during installation. Same thing happens when I tried to install Windows 7 64bit. I was able to install Windows XP 32bit after a couple of BSOD's during install and then re-trying. After getting XP installed, the system will randomly BSOD then reboot on its own. So, I made sure that all my settings where set to optimized in BIOS and manually set my ram timings to 9-9-9-24 2T and set my ram voltage up to 1.64 (tried voltages all the way up to 1.8, no differnce) and I changed from 1300 to 1600. I then ran memtest386. With both sticks in I got a ton of errors immediately. So I began testing the sticks seperate. The first stick came up with errors immediately. The second stick came up with errors at 32% pass of test 4. Are my 2 sticks of ram bad and if they are what do I do now? I bought them from newegg on 1/02/10 and have been fighting this problem since they arrived here on 1/06/10.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Try DDR3-1333 with 8-8-8-24 timings. According to AMD, the 550 may not be able to operate DDR3-1600. To counter the problem, you can try increasing the HT Voltage to 1.40V to see if that will help. But otherwise, set them to DDR3-1333 with lower timings and everything should be smooth and fast.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have made the changes and I am running memtest386 right now. I will let you know how it goes but as of right now I am on test #6 without any errors.....

Comment

I have got one error so far. It reads:

tst:4
        Pass:1
        Failing Address: 0003bcc22e4 - 956.7mb
        Good:cb1268b1
        Bad: cb1268b3
        Err-Bits: 00000002
        Count: 1
        Chan:

This is certainly a whole lot better but, I still have an error. Is this exceptable? It is up to Test #6 at 50% and going. And this is with both sticks in. Should I try another install of Window 7 now?

Comment

Well..since I didn't get an answer to my last post, I tried to install Windows 7 with no luck. I tried Vista again and it worked this time but.......... after a couple of days it starting BSOD's and rebooting on its own. I double checked all my settings to make sure they didn't somehow get set back to default and they were all still good. So, today I am RMAing my to G.Skill sticks of RAM back to Newegg and going with a different brand. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X