Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ / EVGA 790i Ultra SLI (8GB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ / EVGA 790i Ultra SLI (8GB)

What are the optimal RAM BIOS settings for F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ when using four sticks for a total of 8GB.

Motherboard is EVGA 790i Ultra SLI.

I attempted to go to 1600MHz which would be my preference, and the system won't post it just beeps.

If I let the motherboard just set the default I'm getting 1333MHz which I could live with if its the best I can do, but occasionally the system will hang during POST, requiring the reset button to be pushed. EVGA has suggested this may be a problem with the RAM settings.

I've posted screen shots of the various BIOS pages (these are not showing the exact settings, I'm using they are just for reference as to what the options are), so if you can provide me with as detailed as settings as possible it would be greatly appreciated.

DDR3 1600 is only guaranteed for 2 sticks
    please check with our website:
    http://newgskill.web-bi.net/bbs/view...desc=asc&no=36

and for 4 sticks, you can only choose to downgrade to run DDR3 1333
    thanks

G.S

Comment

OK, well if I can only go to 1333MHz that's fine, but that doesn't answer the rest of my question. Can you give me the exact settings I should use for the BIOS shown. I'm getting consistent problems with Hang Ups during POST or startup and the EVGA is suggesting that the problem is likely with the RAM settings in the BIOS. Can you please give the recommended settings for both 4GB and 8GB of RAM. Thanks!

Comment

the all voltage on your bios setting are too high
        you could try to set these settings first:

FSB - Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked
        MEM(DDR), MHz: 1333 MHz
        P1: Enable
        P2: Enable

Memory: 1.65v

it should work fine
        thanks

G.S

Comment