Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8GB --> 2 x F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT on Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4 with Core i5 750 - unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GB --> 2 x F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT on Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4 with Core i5 750 - unstable

I have random blue screens (memory management & page fault in none paged area) or applications errors,
    running my system with 8 GB of ram. Going back to 4 GB the system is running great.

I have tested each kit and each module separate and in different slots and everything is fine.

I know i have to tweak the bios settings to run 8 GB stable, but i don't know where to start and won't damage anything.

Can you please tell me which settings i have to adjust in detail for a regular (no OC at all !) setup of 8 GB ?

I already tried setting the DRAM Voltage to 1.6 Volt...the BSODs still occur.

BIOS is flashed to the latest available version (f3h beta)....with the shipped bios it was the same problem.
    Last edited by swordd; 10-29-2009, 08:00 AM.

Try increasing IMC Voltage. Post up your BIOS settings and we can see what you may need to stabilize 8GB.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Here are my current settings...which is the IMC Voltage you mean?

Thank you in advance.

############################
      #Advanced Frequency Settings
      CPU Clock Ratio: 20x
      CPU Frquency: 2.66 GHz(133x20)

>>Advanced Clock Control

CPU Clock Drive: 800mV
      PCI Express Clock Drive: 900mV

#Advanced Memory Settings
      Memory Frequency(Mhz): 1333
      Performance Enhance: Turbo

>>Timings

9 9 9 24

#Advanced Voltage Control
      >>CPU

Loadline Calibration: Enabled
      CPU VCORE: 1.18125V Auto
      QPI/Vtt Voltage: 1.100V Auto

>>MCH/ICH

PCH Core: 1.050 Auto
      CPU PLL: 1.800 Auto

>>DRAM

DRAM Voltage: 1.600
      DRAM Termination: 0.750 Auto
      Ch-A DataVRef: 0.750 Auto
      Ch-B DataVRef: 0.750 Auto
      Ch-A Address VRef: 0.750 Auto
      Ch-B Address VRef: 0.750 Auto
      Last edited by swordd; 10-29-2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Performance Enhance - Standard

QPI/VTT Voltage - 1.300V

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Didn't work...still bluescreens and crashes:

Performance Enhance - Standard

QPI/VTT Voltage - 1.300V

DRAM Voltage - 1.600V

Comment

Issues...

I am in the same boat with my Gigabyte GA-55-UD6 and i5 750.

I am running with setup with the same processor, however I am managing to get my,
            F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH running at 2000, however I can get my system stable and running
            Win7 Home at 1333 with timings of 9-9-9-24-2T with 1.6v.

Could we please get a sticky for Gigabyte P55 boards in the DDR3 Forums?

Comment

What are your tRFC timings - you both probably need to raise them if the tRFC is in clicks say around 60ish try it at 88, if in 'ns nano-seconds it prob is around 127 raise it to 195)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

tRFC Timings

Currently with Auto tRFC is at 74 clocks.

The sticks keep defaulting also to tRAS of 24 instead of 27 so I am not sure if this also could be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                  What are your tRFC timings - you both probably need to raise them if the tRFC is in clicks say around 60ish try it at 88, if in 'ns nano-seconds it prob is around 127 raise it to 195)
                  i raised tRFC from 74 (my default/auto value) to 88 for both channels
                  i've tested this and it also did not work still bluescreens etc.

my other "changed" settings are still as follows:
                  Performance enhance: standard
                  QPI/VTT - 1.3 V
                  DRAM-V - 1.6V

Comment

QPI/VTT - AUTO
                    DRAM-V - 1.5V

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I upgraded to latest bios (f3h --> F4) and tried your settings - did not work !

With these settings BS occur after EVERY logon...

Next values please :-)
                      Last edited by swordd; 12-11-2009, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Try using the XMP Profile. Let us know how that goes.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                          Try using the XMP Profile. ...
                          Sorry, no option for an XMP Profile.
                          Only Standard, Turbo & Extreme profiles available.
                          Tested all of them getting nothing - close to a stable system.

What's next?

Why is it such a pain in the *** to get this 8Gb running?

Regards
                          Swordd

Comment

Hey there,

Motherboard: Asus P7P55D
                            Ram: 4 x F3-12800CL9D (2x 4GBNQ / 4 modules with 2GB)
                            CPU: Core i5 ? 750

I started to build up my new system in late November. First everything was fine but after two days the first bluescreens appeared. However, I tested the system with different ram modules and it turned out that two modules were faulty. So I contacted the RMA-service and got two new modules three weeks later. So I can assume that all four modules are working as they should but I will run the system with only the two replaced modules in the future just to be sure.

I installed the two new modules two days ago and everything was fine. Only Team Fortress 2 decided to crash twice after a few minutes, but continued without problems after restarting the game. Today was different. Colin McRae: Dirt 2 crashed and shortly after this crash the system rebooted itself. So I checked the BIOS-Settings but everything looked fine. I turned XMP on (yeah, it was off before) but that only made things much worse. Team Fortress 2 caused the system to freeze within seconds. In conclusion I have to say that the system doesn?t run stable with all four modules installed.

After reading this thread I assume that there is an issue with 8GB of G-Skill ram and P55-systems.

Before I forget: the BIOS was updated in late November (v. 0915). And as long as only two modules were used during December I never experienced a serious crash or bluescreen.

Comment

swordd,
                              Have you tried 1.50V? If you can, post up some screen shots of your BIOS and I can see what may be set incorrectly.

RedBasti,
                              Make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Then enable the XMP Profile in AI Overclock Tuner and everything should be fine. If you continue to have issues, try testing each set seperately first to insure neither set is defective.

Thank you
                              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                              X