Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ and Asus P5Q3-Deluxe WIFI

model of the motherboard: Asus P5Q3-Deluxe WIFI @n P45 DDR3
    model of the memory: G.Skill NQ Series 9-9-9-24 4GB Kit 2x2GB (F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ)
    model of the CPU: Intel Q9450
    Video: Asus Nvidia 9600GT

Hi there,

I'm currently experiencing extreme difficulty getting the G.Skill RAM to work with the above system.

When everything is set to auto-detect in the motherboard BIOS, the default timings work fine for ONE memory module only. However as soon as I plug in the second and run in DUAL CHANNEL the system crashes and reboots if I access RAM over 2GB. E.g. the system runs fine when accessing <2GB of RAM however when I load up enough applications >2GB the system hangs and reboots.

I have tried swapping the memory sticks and installing the RAM in both the Slot A and the Slot B dual channel configuration. In both cases the system reboots if RAM above 2GB is accessed.

This is quite frustrating as I paid a lot of money buying the G.Skill on the advice of the MSY computer store noting that this brand was quite reputable.

Your help in solving this matter is greatly appreciated.

Paisley

would you like to try one stick at each slot?
    and is there anyone defective when you only install one?

G.S

Comment

Thanks for your quick response.

As requested I have tried one memory module in each slot. I used the following utility to ensure memory usage ran over the 2GB mark...

#stress --cpu 8 --io 4 --vm 10 --vm-bytes 256M --timeout 20s

The memory module S/N:829014Y065706 was tested in each slot one at a time with no other memory installed and the results are:
      DIMM_A1 - OK
      DIMM_A2 - OK
      DIMM_B1 - OK
      DIMM_B2 - OK

The memory module S/N:829014Y065705 was tested in each slot one at a time with no other memory installed and the results are:
      DIMM_A1 - OK
      DIMM_A2 - OK
      DIMM_B1 - OK
      DIMM_B2 - OK

The following test FAILED when using both memory modules together:
      DIMM_A1 - S/N:829014Y065706
      DIMM_B1 - S/N:829014Y065705

I am now running memtest86+ v2.01 overnight in dual channel configuration to see if it triggers the system freeze as well.

Comment

we tested dual channel on both black and yellow slots and found no problem with it
        here are the screenshots

if you have other memories, would you like to test if there is problem with your motherboard when running in dual channel mode?
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
        X