Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't run 2400mhz without freezing my pc

Hi!

This problem is a bit old, but I just didn't bother with it before, therefore I even bought different 8gb of ram to get 16gb, but that ram isn't causing this problem (I have to run both pairs at lower mhz to get stable performance).
    I am not even using that ram for what I am writing about on this post. If I would manage to run gskill at 2400mhz, I would most likely switch the non gskill ram with the correct one.

My specs are:
    i7-4790 @3.6 (boost 4.0)
    gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF (latest bios)
    Ram G Skill TridentX F3-2400C10-4GTX 2x4gb and corsair (2x4gb) - for this problem I'm not using the second pair and it's not a part of this problem!
    GPU: EVGA gtx 1080ti FTW3
    PSU: CS750M — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold

So my problem is that I can't run my ram G Skill TridentX F3-2400C10-4GTX (2x4GB) at 2400mhz without completely freezing my pc.
    I'have tried with XMP profile 1 and after about 10 mins my computer completely froze and I had to force restart it. I've tried XMP profile 2 and it was actually more stable, computer didn't freeze, but when I've wanted to play a game I got driver errors, which I haven't had before.
    Later I tried to manually put the timings (10-12-12-31) and I've try to put voltage to 1.7 which kinda worked. I was using the computer for 10 hours without any problems, but later when I've started to watch a stream, my computer froze again and after that it froze in 10 mins.
    So now I've put ram into XMP profile 1 with 2133mhz, which is stable, but from now on I don't have that much expertise with ram to get it to work on 2400mhz, so here I would need your help.
    At the very end I've even tried running 3 memtest86 tests, first with default settings at 1600mhz, second at 2133mhz and the last at 2400mhz.
    For all of these runs I've got 0 errors, but only notes "ram may be vulnerable to high frequency rowhammer bit flips", which shouldn't be that bad from what I've read, but I could be wrong.
    I know this is a bit long to read, but I wanted to explain my whole situation, so that you can understand the whole picture better.

Thank you all for any suggestion and help!

teidybugi
    Last edited by teidybugi; 06-12-2019, 11:51 AM.
Working...
X