Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent (1 to 2 a month) BSOD memory_management

I have been actively trying to solve my BSOD issue since late 2018

Model of the motherboard: GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-H97-Gaming 3 LGA 1150 Intel H97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Model of the memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 Haswell Quad-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I54690 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600

What is the problem? example: no boot, blue screen, reboot...etc.

I keep getting MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs - and I can't figure out exactly what is causing it

I own two sets of the above RAM (i.e., total 16 GB)
    - 1st set: DIMM 1 & 2 are a newer set I ordered about a year ago
    - 2nd set: DIMM 3 & 4 are an older set that I've had since I first built the computer four years ago (I was having BSODs back then as well)

MEMTEST passes all four sticks tested together, and different combinations of two sticks at a time with 0 errors (tested at >10 passes at a time)

Using only slots #1 and #3 on the MOBO, I have had the following experience
    - DIMM 1 & 3: memory_management BSOD
    - DIMM 2 & 4: no memory_management BSOD for >2 months
    - DIMM 1 & 2: memory_management BSOD
    - DIMM 3 & 4: memory_management BSOD

Is it possible that two DIMMs are defective (even though they were purchased ~3 years apart)?

Do you think one of the slots on the MOBO is defective (I have only tested #1 and #3 in pairs; I am now testing pairs in slots #2 and #4) and that the fact that DIMMs 2 & 4 didn't BSOD for >2 months was a fluke?

Links are the last two minidumps:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrjfgyqkc5...84-01.dmp?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bb019kihc...75-01.dmp?dl=0

Thank you!

DIMM slots 2 and 4 are the initial slots for the motherboard.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 05-01-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I am not sure what you mean by DIMMs 2 and 4 are the initial slots for the motherboard. I may be using the wrong terminology, but I am referring to the RAM sticks as DIMMs and the DIMM slots as slots

I am on the latest BIOS confirmed: F7 on gigabyte website

Comment

Slots 2 and 4 away from the CPU are the initial slots that should be used if two modules are installed. So what you want to do is try each kit in those slots to see if they perform the same.
        Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 05-01-2019, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Ah - I didn't know that about the Slots.

Am currently testing DIMM 1 & 2 in slots 2 & 4

No BSODs yet - hoping it stays that way. Will update after BSOD, or 60 days of no BSOD, whichever comes first

Comment

I have experienced a BSOD - FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

Link to Minidump below - please let me know if it looks like the issue is the RAM

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ggbgpbsfh...68-01.dmp?dl=0

Comment

Test one module at a time. You can use a stress test to force any errors so it does not require so many days to experience issue

Comment

Working...
              X