Pc was built new in Jan 2013
    Windows 7 64bit

Motherboard
    Z77X - D3H
    intel core i5 3330ivy bridge 3GHz

RAM installed is 2 sticks of 4Gx2
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    Ripjaws DDR3 1600 CL9-9-9-24 1.50 V

I needed a little bit more than 8gb of ram so I purchased another GSKILL ram kit of the EXACT same type as the original.
    This i believe would take me from 8 to 16 total gb ram.

However Installing these extra 2 new modules in the remaining 2 slots caused the pc to not boot to windows.
    The new ram is not faulty as I tried them each on their own and together.

After many nights of google I discovered that my new RAM is single sided and my old ram is double sided.

I thought that could be the reason why but then i tried more combinations.

If i combine 1 module of old ram Double sided and 1 module of new ram Single Sided everything is fine.
    So i thougt mixing them doesnt seem to be a problem. Its when i add a 3rd stick thats when it wont boot to windows.

My bios version is F16. I have never messed with the bios.

I have seen in bios that when all 4 sticks are in shows just over 16 GB so its reading them.
    All 4 slots are set to auto.
    I am pretty sure I have never changed anything in the bios before.

Just cant work out why it wont boot to windows when i add a 3rd or 4th stick.
    Last edited by mrposter; 09-12-2018, 02:32 AM.

Can you post pictures of BIOS settings and especially memory timings?

What settings did you attempt? Or was it AUTO default?

Comment

Hello, thanks for replying. Hope this info will assist.
      Please find attached 2 screenshots when the double sided ram from 2013 is installed.
      Readings for slot 3 are the exact same settings as slot 1 thats why i did not include pic shoing slot 3.
      I have never ever changed anyhing in the bios since 2013 that i am aware of. Im not confident to go in a mess about.
      From what i saw the setting in bios are auto default.
      If you want me to take screen shots of new ram installed instead then let me know but i am pretty sure that they were the same readings.
      Thanks for trying to help me.

Comment

I would like to see the pages in BIOS as it will provide different detail for RAM specs

Comment

Working...
        X