Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

BSODs possibly due to Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSODs possibly due to Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3
    RAM - 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    CPU - Intel i5-2500K

I have been having multiple BSODs over the past few weeks which I were told could be due to memory corruption. The errors include NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

My current setup is as follows:
    Slot 1 - stick 1
    Slot 2 - none
    Slot 3 - stick 2
    Slot 4 - none

I ran Memtest86 v4.3.7 with the above setup which resulted in errors during the second pass.
    I tested stick 1 alone in slots 1 and then 3 which resulted in errors during the second pass in both slots.
    I then tested stick 2 alone in slot 3 which had no errors after 4 passes, and in slot 1 which had no errors after 2 passes.
    After these tests I think the issue lies with stick 1.

I wanted to start the warranty process but the G.Skill website said to post in the forum for support before starting a claim. Is there anything else I can/should do before proceeding?

Thanks!

No, sounds like you have done the proper testing and in fact there is a problem stick that needs to be replaced. Complete the RMA form online to begin the exchange process:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma
    Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Working...
    X