Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

32GB of G.Skill sniper and Z77 Asrock extreme4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32GB of G.Skill sniper and Z77 Asrock extreme4

So I had the 16 GB of G.Skill sniper (2x8GB) memory in the Z77 Asrock extreme4 motherboard for 5 years. It was working good no problems.

I decided to get another set of same memory to increase the size to 32GB. But no luck so far. Motherboard shows all 4 DIMMs in it's hardware browser but refuses to see more than 16 GB. Tried resetting CMOS, adding one DIMM at a time, forcing memory speed to all the available options. Nothing seems to help.

The two sets appear to be working fine with each-other. Mixing 1 old 1 new DIMM working fine without any problems.

Is there anything I can do to make this motherboard see all memory?

Appreciate any help, thanks!

It may be a matching problem with the two sets.

Each set should be installed in the same color slots for best chance, but if problem persists, a 32GB kit may be necessary.
    Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Thanks for the reply,
      Wouldn't matching problem manifest itself mixing 1 DIMM from old and new sets? I don't have such problems. System is stable.

Comment

Working...
      X