Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

Tried 2 identical dual channel sets and a quad channel set BSODS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried 2 identical dual channel sets and a quad channel set BSODS

Hey so first off here is my setup:
    asus z87-a
    i5 4670k
    noctua nh-d15
    currently just 1 set of 2x4 gskill ripjaw x 1600 cl9

I have recently been trying to make use of a second identical set of dual channel 2x4 gskill ripjaw x 1600 cl9 and even tried with a quad channel ripjaw z 2133 cl9 and had the same issue. I also experienced the same issues when attempting the same thing in my Msi z97 gaming 5 + 4690k and i would get random bsods. At first I suspected that i just couldn't get the two identical sets to work with one another but after trying the quad set i figure there must be something else at fault here. I have heard of lots of people having difficulties filling all 4 dimm slots on some motherboards and needing to adjust certain voltages to achieve stability but i haven't come across any solved cases where someone has come back with results on how they achieved stability. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated as i have a poor lonely set of 2x4 1600 gskill ripjaw x cl9 that wants to be put to good use!!

Do you have the latest BIOS?

What settings are you attempting?

1333 and 1600 have problems?

Is each dual channel kit able to run at full speed?
    Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Working...
    X